Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wesco heat pump

What reset button? The one by all the thermostat wire connections? that would tell me that the blower motor didn't start or stopped when it shouldn't have. you said you had the blower motor replaced. Did they use the correct one? I have found there is only one motor that will work and it is very expensive. I found it at Johnston supply listed in there catalog as a Wesco blower motor, They have 2 listed a 1/2 hp and a 3/4 hp. the only one I use is the 3/4. the 1/2hp one even if you are replacing a 1/2hp does not have enough power. It will over heat and shut off on thermal overload.
    What part of the Country are you in? I thought Wesco was pretty much a North west thing. Good luck.

Thumbs down

Oregon and, the land lord is going to fire them today. Unit worked fine until about 9:30pm. I dosed off and, when woke the house was filling with smoke. Shut off all the power. Today should be interesting to say the least. New switch is apparently not the problem or is the new problem.

Have your landloard make sure the tech that comes out has Wesco UEM experience. Most people dont under stand that it is a 24 volt DC control system.

Hmm

It's not a uem unit so I'm told.Old switch you said yesterday that DC was rewired to AC according to genius that working on it.

Well it used to be a UEM according to the model number. may have been rewired. good luck

Thumbs up

I'm up and running. No problems yet. Bearing on the squirrel cage was burning out. Been running since 10am yesterday w/ no problems. FINALLY.

Wow great its fixed. Bearings are a far cry away from controls.

Thumbs up

Yes. Working just fine now. Matter of fact 62 is almost to warm. Thanks for input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12