Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wesco heat pump

Hmm Wesco heat pump

I have a Wesco heat pump best I cll tell it's Model # 20 UEM-Series A.
    I would like to know if the fan is supposed continuing blowing cold air after it has been blowing heat? Can't sit near a register because of cold air blowing in. Real gentle but, still blowing.THANKS

No its not. Sounds like the fan switch is stuck. Your furnace has a temp. activated fan switch that turns on/off the fan. It also has one that turns the fan from low to high. Your heat pump is old Wesco went out of business in 1986. The UEM models are very unique and replacement parts are almost imposable to get. Have a professional come and check it out. Make sure you ask them on the phone if they have experience with the UEM. Most people don't understand them.

Thumbs up westco

Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    No its not. Sounds like the fan switch is stuck. Your furnace has a temp. activated fan switch that turns on/off the fan. It also has one that turns the fan from low to high. Your heat pump is old Wesco went out of business in 1986. The UEM models are very unique and replacement parts are almost imposable to get. Have a professional come and check it out. Make sure you ask them on the phone if they have experience with the UEM. Most people don't understand them.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I thought something was wrong. You've been very helpful. Much oliged.

Quote Originally Posted by chevylover11 View Post
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I thought something was wrong. You've been very helpful. Much obliged.
    The guy that worked on it is on his way this afternoon.

Well what happened?

Hmm Hvac

Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    Well what happened?
    He's here working on it now. Been here twice. Last night it was blowing warm air on low then,went high and cold air twice. I shut the switch off. He's already changed out the switch yesterday morning. Something is still not right. DAH!

Hmm Uem

Called the outfit that changed the motor last spring. He came out right away. Twice. Changed the on-off switch yesterday. Last night it was running on low w/heat. (1st time). Then when I came back from dinner it turned on high w.cold air. Threw on switch on the furnace itself. Went to bed about 11:30. 2:30 and 5:30 it came high w/cold air. I remedied that by turning the thermostat to fan on and, back to Auto. That shut it off. 5:40 it did again. Went in the garage and,threw the switch again. He's here now working on it.

atleast he is persistent!

Thumbs up

Seems to have it adjusted right, now. Gave me his cell # in case it acts up again.

They are a little tricky but nothing that couldn't be handled in a hour.

Frown

Never Mind What I Said. Hasn't Come On By Itself Since He Left. New Switch Coming Today So,i'm Told.

If it is the fan switch that turns on and off the blower motor by temperature they don't make a direct replacement anymore. The one in your furnace has a 24 volt DC. heater in it the replacement will have a AC. heater in it. If its the fan switch that turns the fan from low to high you'll be OK. It may be time to cut your losses and either have all the controls, relays and the logic taken out and replaced with standard controls (sequencer, blower relay). Or replace the system.

Today is his last chance. If it's not fixed and,fixed right he can call the owner and tell him that. Thanks for your continued concern. Much obliged. Got to turn on this am buy hitting the reset button. Go figure. I've been setting in ice for 5 days and, the reset could have been used.

I'll save this for HVAC guy when he comes today with so-called NEW switch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast