Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

YES I blame the name.

Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    Gotta love posts like that one. Blame an entire organization for a couple of bad techs. And that is debatable chances are this guy wanted a Caddillac installation but was only willing to pay for a Hyundai
    So you buy a Chevy and it sucks!!! Is there no checks and balances? Can the organization be held accountable? Sure it can ... Reputation is everything.
    Should I tell my friends in the industry to spend money on a system that may or may not have support? May be installed correctly? I think not.
    So do you work at Trane? I would be happy to send you code to look for yourself. Let me know I will post crappy code.

thanks for the EP update.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Dont those mamac transducers need to be oriented to work properly?
    They Look a little upside down to me!

Nope dont matter with these. I was wrong. But the panels still look like crap.
    Edit:The EP-311/313 incorporates a quiet low-wattage poppet valve and pressure sensor to measure and adjust
    the branch line pressure proportional to the input. This unit has no air consumption and is immune to
    mounting orientation or supply line pressure fluctuations. The EP-313 incorporates a manual override
    switch and, in the manual mode, the pressure can be increased or decreased with two pushbutton switches.
    This feature is most desirable for check out/commissioning and manual operation in case of controller
    failure. Universal 24 VAC/24 VDC supply voltage and field selectable 4-20mA, 0-5 VDC, or 0-10 VDC
    inputs ensures single unit compatibility to most of the systems. Unique steel chassis design substantially
    reduces the overall size of the unit and, at the same time, provides for ease of installation in a control panel
    directly or with a snap track. A precision gauge is provided for the branch line pressure. Rugged aluminum
    manifold, brass barb fittings, floating poppet solenoid valves, silicon pressure sensor, high performance
    electronics and a liberal two year warranty are some of the features which make the EP-311/313 the highest
    performance and the most reliable electropneumatic transducer in the industry
    Thanks for the heads up... I looked into it too. always good to have new eyes on a sinkhole. Cheers

Tudormatt guess I missed that not everything was operational in your post. That is unacceptable. The job should have been fully commissioned prior to turnover. Sounds to me you have had your share of frustration dealing with this and on that I can't comment. I have seen too many jobs that are low bid and often presentation is overlooked to achieve this. I personally don't work that way but a lot do. I wouldn't piss trane off too bad though you may need them in the future. My 02 cents

Run the mule

The idea that a controls company, which I worked for, would push to the edge is unacceptable. I will continue to ensure that these items are corrected!! I will not allow this to continue.

But thanks for the kind words.

I too have worked at Trane. I know that the mechanics here take pride in there work and do a quality job... I also know that they do not use the same union mechanics in there control department for installs. You really shouldnt group every one together. IE Trane and employees = crap. Get over it and just fix it if its broke.

"This aggression shall not stand." - The Great Lebowski
    See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience. ~Jane Wagner

Ingersoll Rand To Acquire Trane
    INGERSOLL RAND TO ACQUIRE TRANE INC. FOR APPROXIMATELY $10.1 BILLION
    Transaction Creates a Global Diversified Industrial Company with expected Pro Forma 2008 Revenues of $17 Billion and $2 Billion of EBIT
    Transaction Immediately Accretive to Earnings with Estimated 2008 EPS of $4.00
    Cost and Revenue Synergies are Expected to Exceed $300 million by 2010
    Acquisition Price for Trane of $36.50 Per Share in Cash and 0.23 shares of Ingersoll Rand Common Stock per each Trane Share Equal to Approximately $48.00 in Total Value per Trane Share
    Read the full news release

Listen to the Investor Conference Call
    Monday, December 17, 2007 - 10:00 AM ET
    Listen to the Webcast on IngersollRand.com

© 2008 Trane Inc.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

put this thread to bed please.................

Smile Ever once in awhile....

Working in the field you will run into work by many companies and be amazed. We can sit here and point fingers at everyone all the time. The only thing we can do as techs is when we leave a job be proud of it. My rule of thumb with a retrofit is when not in use ,remove it. This means wire and any junk left on the job or anything in the unit that can go. i am not saying all this just because I work for Trane. This is just my general rule.
    never too old to learn new tricks!

Quote Originally Posted by jhook View Post
    Working in the field you will run into work by many companies and be amazed. We can sit here and point fingers at everyone all the time. The only thing we can do as techs is when we leave a job be proud of it. My rule of thumb with a retrofit is when not in use ,remove it. This means wire and any junk left on the job or anything in the unit that can go. i am not saying all this just because I work for Trane. This is just my general rule.
    Amen. Too many techs out there with the "not my job' mentality and just puttin in time, gives everyone a bad name. A little pride in what you do counts and customers pick up on it too. I met two techs from a ATL based co on a ch replace't job in NC...these guys had it going on. They worked for more than 24 hrs straight making a repair...never complained about it, smart as they come, and didn't leave until they were satisfied the chiller was new again. I was really impressed. I had witnessed a similar repair with another company (national brand) where the guys spent more time on breaks (union) than they did doing the repair...and they left the site with the chiller in pieces only to return two days later with different techs to put it back together. Never used them again.

Hmm

I can say that the percentage of jobs I've commissioned with completely assinine installing HVAC contractors is just as high as crappy installs by "Factory" technicians (i.e. "What do you mean it needs a flow switch?") Probably some saleman f'd up the quote. Happens all the time at many a shop. And it is very likely they weren't union either. BTW ewwwww pneumatics. What do they have some prisoner in the basement riding a bicycle outfitted air compressor. How old skool.

Quote Originally Posted by NYChvacTech View Post
    I can say that the percentage of jobs I've commissioned with completely assinine installing HVAC contractors is just as high as crappy installs by "Factory" technicians (i.e. "What do you mean it needs a flow switch?") Probably some saleman f'd up the quote. Happens all the time at many a shop. And it is very likely they weren't union either. BTW ewwwww pneumatics. What do they have some prisoner in the basement riding a bicycle outfitted air compressor. How old skool.
    whats union got to do with anything?? really? scew ups slackers and hackers happen no matter thier affilitation with any said orginization
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Nothing wrong with that

Well Heck it looks good from my house! LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast