+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More shame for Trane

Post Likes

More shame for Trane

Here are a couple of pics from an "upgrade" that Trane did. Now, Trane did use a sub for the electrical but I am not sure how much Project Management was used. And, was there any commissioning done? Since I am now planning for the rework I can tell you that there was no check-out or commissioning. I'll put the updated pics later. If you were wondering this was from the Trane office in Fresno, CA. Good news the PM moved to Simens in Fresno, CA. Good luck customers!!

Post Likes

Hmm ok your pics didnt have enough detail

so whats the major problem?
    does it function?
    have problems?
    I have seen alot worse done by others
    this isnt a major problem,
    I would be very carefull how i approached this one.
    I would do my best to not point any fingers at anyone
    and just do what is needed to repair any non functional aspects of the controls
    If you cant cool it
    HEAT THE Hello out of it

Post Likes

What's the problem?

Hmm, Well considering that the facility paid alot of money for the crappy work done and that trane put it's name behind it. I think that 's the problem. Would you want this in your facility? By the way, I do know the history about this and after spending 10 years in the controls business in new installation retrofits, I have never left a site with panels like this.
    If you didn't notice there are still Robert Shaw connectors from the old system with wiring to them. I think that the pictures speak for themselves.

Post Likes
    >there are still Robert Shaw connectors from the old system with wiring to them

Let's count the seconds till Rolo comments...

Post Likes
    Dont those mamac transducers need to be oriented to work properly?
    They Look a little upside down to me!

Nope dont matter with these. I was wrong. But the panels still look like crap.
    Edit:The EP-311/313 incorporates a quiet low-wattage poppet valve and pressure sensor to measure and adjust
    the branch line pressure proportional to the input. This unit has no air consumption and is immune to
    mounting orientation or supply line pressure fluctuations. The EP-313 incorporates a manual override
    switch and, in the manual mode, the pressure can be increased or decreased with two pushbutton switches.
    This feature is most desirable for check out/commissioning and manual operation in case of controller
    failure. Universal 24 VAC/24 VDC supply voltage and field selectable 4-20mA, 0-5 VDC, or 0-10 VDC
    inputs ensures single unit compatibility to most of the systems. Unique steel chassis design substantially
    reduces the overall size of the unit and, at the same time, provides for ease of installation in a control panel
    directly or with a snap track. A precision gauge is provided for the branch line pressure. Rugged aluminum
    manifold, brass barb fittings, floating poppet solenoid valves, silicon pressure sensor, high performance
    electronics and a liberal two year warranty are some of the features which make the EP-311/313 the highest
    performance and the most reliable electropneumatic transducer in the industry
    Last edited by freddy-b; 02-21-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Post Likes

yes good EP's

I must explain that I was not trying to ask for advise but merly to point out the lack of quality. The EP's that are installed are great. I might point out most are in the Hand position 'cause the system is not fully functional, again. The leftover connectors only have ground wires connected. Again, not the issue of not working, just bad install.
    We had another scheduled meeting today with the construction manager from The Trane Co., Sacramento, Ca. I called 2 times this week to confirm. Today I got his secretary.... He was out sick with no call to me or my director to address this problem or to reschedule. I will attempt to contact his boss again, Branch Manager, or the west coast V.P.

Another display of blatant disregard for customers!!!

Post Likes
    We had a contract with an unamed company whose initials are JCI to change out most of our old controls. Their best panel didn't look that good. All the old panels were "abandoned in place" and they were nice enough to stick a label on 50% of them to let us know. I wish we could have had Trane.
    Last edited by ZZZRSC; 02-23-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Likes
    More shame for Trane? Why so much "Trane" hate? Did they pass on your application?

Post Likes

there is a wire loose

Quote Originally Posted by tudormatt View Post
    Here are a couple of pics from an "upgrade" that Trane did. Now, Trane did use a sub for the electrical but I am not sure how much Project Management was used. And, was there any commissioning done? Since I am now planning for the rework I can tell you that there was no check-out or commissioning. I'll put the updated pics later. If you were wondering this was from the Trane office in Fresno, CA. Good news the PM moved to Simens in Fresno, CA. Good luck customers!!
    Great pictures but did you notice the loose wire? LOL only kidding. But you should have known, 'its tough to stop a Trane' PM from doin a crappy job and moving on to so an even crappier job with Siemns. different name, same attitude towards customers.

Post Likes
    Gotta love posts like that one. Blame an entire organization for a couple of bad techs. And that is debatable chances are this guy wanted a Caddillac installation but was only willing to pay for a Hyundai

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    Gotta love posts like that one. Blame an entire organization for a couple of bad techs. And that is debatable chances are this guy wanted a Caddillac installation but was only willing to pay for a Hyundai
    Bingo! as far as looks.

Not so true for being non-operational.

Post Likes
    agreed.
    rule #1 of controls - must work when done
    rule #2 of controls - see #1

Post Likes

paid for the chevy not a Kia

We paid for the Chevy not the Caddy. Also, No I was with Trane for awhile but decided to leave when I had no support in the branch or at the West coast level. I kind of works I suppose 50% of the time.... See when you install a jobint he middle of summer why would you check the heating side?
    As I have said I have been on the installation side and have had the ability to do crappy work. I have worked to install working systems that also look good. Why spend the time. Your rep follows you. This was a crap install and should be known as such.

Post Likes

YES I blame the name.

Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    So you buy a Chevy and it sucks!!! Is there no checks and balances? Can the organization be held accountable? Sure it can ... Reputation is everything.
    Should I tell my friends in the industry to spend money on a system that may or may not have support? May be installed correctly? I think not.
    So do you work at Trane? I would be happy to send you code to look for yourself. Let me know I will post crappy code.

Post Likes

thanks for the EP update.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Dont those mamac transducers need to be oriented to work properly?
    They Look a little upside down to me!

Nope dont matter with these. I was wrong. But the panels still look like crap.
    Edit:The EP-311/313 incorporates a quiet low-wattage poppet valve and pressure sensor to measure and adjust
    the branch line pressure proportional to the input. This unit has no air consumption and is immune to
    mounting orientation or supply line pressure fluctuations. The EP-313 incorporates a manual override
    switch and, in the manual mode, the pressure can be increased or decreased with two pushbutton switches.
    This feature is most desirable for check out/commissioning and manual operation in case of controller
    failure. Universal 24 VAC/24 VDC supply voltage and field selectable 4-20mA, 0-5 VDC, or 0-10 VDC
    inputs ensures single unit compatibility to most of the systems. Unique steel chassis design substantially
    reduces the overall size of the unit and, at the same time, provides for ease of installation in a control panel
    directly or with a snap track. A precision gauge is provided for the branch line pressure. Rugged aluminum
    manifold, brass barb fittings, floating poppet solenoid valves, silicon pressure sensor, high performance
    electronics and a liberal two year warranty are some of the features which make the EP-311/313 the highest
    performance and the most reliable electropneumatic transducer in the industry
    Thanks for the heads up... I looked into it too. always good to have new eyes on a sinkhole. Cheers

Post Likes
    Tudormatt guess I missed that not everything was operational in your post. That is unacceptable. The job should have been fully commissioned prior to turnover. Sounds to me you have had your share of frustration dealing with this and on that I can't comment. I have seen too many jobs that are low bid and often presentation is overlooked to achieve this. I personally don't work that way but a lot do. I wouldn't piss trane off too bad though you may need them in the future. My 02 cents

Post Likes

Run the mule

The idea that a controls company, which I worked for, would push to the edge is unacceptable. I will continue to ensure that these items are corrected!! I will not allow this to continue.

But thanks for the kind words.

Post Likes
    I too have worked at Trane. I know that the mechanics here take pride in there work and do a quality job... I also know that they do not use the same union mechanics in there control department for installs. You really shouldnt group every one together. IE Trane and employees = crap. Get over it and just fix it if its broke.

Post Likes
    "This aggression shall not stand." - The Great Lebowski
    See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience. ~Jane Wagner

Post Likes
    Ingersoll Rand To Acquire Trane
    INGERSOLL RAND TO ACQUIRE TRANE INC. FOR APPROXIMATELY $10.1 BILLION
    Transaction Creates a Global Diversified Industrial Company with expected Pro Forma 2008 Revenues of $17 Billion and $2 Billion of EBIT
    Transaction Immediately Accretive to Earnings with Estimated 2008 EPS of $4.00
    Cost and Revenue Synergies are Expected to Exceed $300 million by 2010
    Acquisition Price for Trane of $36.50 Per Share in Cash and 0.23 shares of Ingersoll Rand Common Stock per each Trane Share Equal to Approximately $48.00 in Total Value per Trane Share
    Read the full news release

Listen to the Investor Conference Call
    Monday, December 17, 2007 - 10:00 AM ET
    Listen to the Webcast on IngersollRand.com

© 2008 Trane Inc.
    'Life begins with the journey each day'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in