I was told today I need to replace my Heating/AC unit - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli only talks in third person to irrate people on the internet, in real life Twilli communicates through Interperative Dance. Yes that is Twilli's real picture, although its one of those Glamour shots, so Twilli was all made up.

Check Twilli's profile and mail your photo to Twilli, cause Twilli's got still got people in Spartanburg and Twilli may come down there to see you and see if those cracks are real or not.

twilli da man
    down boy down

panama city beach (aka lower alabama or LA) FL
    look up the number to your local code enforcement department and ask them for a list of contractors and then get a few estimates and ask the contractors if they have any programs that can help you afford the replacement of the unit because of the hardship you are facing right now good luck.

Thumbs up Issue Resolved

Yay. I had good news today.

I ran into some nice people that went out of their way to help. I think they went over and beyond and I'm recommending them to anyone and everyone. They have been nothing but helpful. They wanted to do whatever they could to keep me from having to buy a new unit. They worked with me and offered to make calls for me. They just took over.

It's a family business so maybe that's why...I don't know. Anyway the Lennox people told me my part was still under warranty so this is what I told this company. I called them for a quote on the installation of the part (including paperwork and shipping). I called several companies to get quotes.

Some of the other contractors kept calling and lennox said my warranty for the part expired unless she can get proof of installation. I called Lennox this morning to let them know the lady told me different but they said I'd need the proof in installation too. This would have taken me 2 weeks to even get from the city. I had to fill out paperwork to request this which I did this a.m.

Well the company that wanted to help me called me back this morning to let me know their quote. Which was half of what others were quoting. It was pretty low compared to others. I ask is that included shipping and paperwork. She said she's not charging for paperwork and Lennox will not be charging her for shipping. She said with as much business that she gives them that they owe her and she will make sure there is NO Shipping charge. She told me that all I'm paying for is the installation (which was the lowest quote anyway).

I asked how she was able to get the part without proof installation. She said don't worry because she talked to some people it IS still under warranty and they will get the part. I was like WOW!!

Already they have sent a guy out here to look at my heater to make sure of the part. I asked him if by looking at the unit he felt it was worth bandaiding. He said it didn't look that bad and probably after I get the part installed and with the warranty, it could be good for another 5 or even 10 years.

I was just amazed because everyone else kept quoting me awfully high prices just to install the part and wanting to sell me new units and this company went to a lot of trouble and did what they could for me so I wouldn't have to. Talk about great customer service. I'm still not believing it. I'm impressed.

Thanks everyone again for your help. Y'all are so knowledgeable except for maybe twilli. he's just a misplaced hillybilly.

Congrats.

Wow, that's great. Ask this company if they want to put a sign on your lawn, and continue to tell everyone you know. And if you have the cash, pay them that way. Green is such a pretty color.

Good job.

I am giving you back your "at-a-girl".

Take care.

Obviously you ran into a "Dave Lennox Premier dealer". We don't pay freight so we don't charge it back among another benefits. We can pass a lot of those savings on to homeowners so we look like a million bucks........

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    so we look like a million bucks........
    Mr. Bill says Bob looks like a million bucks to him anyway and Bob don't have to sell Mr. Bill anything.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Mr. Bill says Bob looks like a million bucks to him anyway and Bob don't have to sell Mr. Bill anything.

LOL........thanks! How ya doing?

LOL........thanks! How ya doing?

I am Blessed here Bob business is good and so is the family how much more can a man ask for?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Obviously you ran into a "Dave Lennox Premier dealer". We don't pay freight so we don't charge it back among another benefits. We can pass a lot of those savings on to homeowners so we look like a million bucks........

found if i do warranty on davenet and have part shipped i don't pay shipping.

and i saved the money they wanted to be a "Premier Dealer"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I am Blessed here Bob business is good and so is the family how much more can a man ask for?

Good! Then you have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    found if i do warranty on davenet and have part shipped i don't pay shipping.

and i saved the money they wanted to be a "Premier Dealer"

LOL.....there are other benefits as well..........

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast