Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Keep at dudette. They may criticize me for what they think is pessimism, but what you'll find is that an honest competent HVAC company is almost as rare as a dodo bird. The guys here are a cut above, so they'll take exception to that. But that doesn't change reality.

Most contractors have played a head game on themselves and you. If they believe you should have a new unit, they manipulate anything and everything they can to make that happen. They actually believe they're doing you a favor in the process. It starts with being extra cautious with "pre-cracks". It continues with BS about parts availability. It ends with purposely pricing the repair so high that you end up with a new unit anyway.

Find that one good company. Just because you give up on repairs doesn't put an end to your challenges. The same companies that can't do a repair without manipulating are the same ones who will do a lousy install that looks pretty but performs badly.

E-mail me.

Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    TI'm about to just call it quits and take the first quote I get on a new unit and cross my fingers it's the right choice. Everyone has been helpful though.
    NO!! You do that and I'm taking back my "at-a-girl" plus I'm driving down to SC and yell at you in person. You've run 99 yards, don't fall down at the goal line.

Follow "Irascible's" advice and keep at it. Find that special HVAC guy (don't marry him, just have him do what's best for you)

Good luck.

This thread needs pictures...

Coastal, equipment and operator.

Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

sorry for my pricing in my post. It's taking some getting used to the rules in here and it was just habit. I won't happen again. Sorry I upset you beachy. Sounds like you could use some sweet tea.
    i am not upset, just i got a lashing for using prices too just rying to spread the word. and i do need some sweet tea, maybe i'll go to the bojangles lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Twilli lives in Ohio, they needed Twilli's help up here. These yankee's need HVAC men like Twilli.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Ohio isn't even true Yankee country. Everyone there has a mid-west mentality.

And you can't even consider Spartanburg as "down South" it's more like hillbilly country.

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli lives in Ohio, they needed Twilli's help up here. These yankee's need HVAC men like Twilli.

it is north of the mason dixon line lol if you look at it that way. i think these days people think of yankees and they think of people with the harsh accents from the north eastern side i.e. NY and NJ in particular. i have family in michigan and they say "ya know" alot lmao
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Twilli needs to help his SC peeps out though. Also what is considered down south. Twilli peeps still live in SC, some down in Charleston.

Charleston IS down south. I still have tons of relatives outside there. My dad was a runner in the 20s down there.

bobb25, I lived in Summerville near Charleston but moved to Greenville and I've been here 10 years and I can't believe you call us hillbillies. We aren't all hillbillies, some of us are refined rednecks...you know..kind of like twilli.

twilli, do you always talk in 3rd person? Is that your picture in your avatar? You look like the guy that did my mainenance on my heat/ac yesterday. You have a twin in G'ville. There's 2 twillies in this world.

I took this afternoon off of thinking about HVAC systems. It was giving me a headache...I had brain overload. I'll be glad to get this new system and be done with it. There's so many things to look for and consider. It's not as easy as I was hoping. I was figuring someone would just say go with such and such a brand and how reliable they are and that would be it.

I have read about 25 threads on this board this morning in between calls to contractors. This is a great source of information here.

Twilli only talks in third person to irrate people on the internet, in real life Twilli communicates through Interperative Dance. Yes that is Twilli's real picture, although its one of those Glamour shots, so Twilli was all made up.

Check Twilli's profile and mail your photo to Twilli, cause Twilli's still got people in Spartanburg and Twilli may come down there to see you and see if those cracks are real or not.
    Last edited by Twilly; 02-21-2008 at 09:53 PM.

bobb25, I lived in Summerville near Charleston but moved to Greenville and I've been here 10 years and I can't believe you call us hillbillies. We aren't all hillbillies, some of us are refined rednecks...you know..kind of like twilli.

twilli, do you always talk in 3rd person? Is that your picture in your avatar? You look like the guy that did my mainenance on my heat/ac yesterday. You have a twin in G'ville. There's 2 twillies in this world.

I took this afternoon off of thinking about HVAC systems. It was giving me a headache...I had brain overload. I'll be glad to get this new system and be done with it. There's so many things to look for and consider. It's not as easy as I was hoping. I was figuring someone would just say go with such and such a brand and how reliable they are and that would be it.

I have read about 25 threads on this board this morning in between calls to contractors. This is a great source of information here.
    As far as Im concerned, Spartanburg and Greenville might as well be in NC.

My dad was born in Monks Corner, and we lived in Ladson for 5 years. I still have tons of kin in Berkeley and Dorchester counties.

before buying a new unit get a second opinion. Have the lennox dealor come out and check your unit. Like you said you did not see cracks. The brown spots you saw may be normal as hot spots from the flame

you will pay shipping and labor witch can be high but if the HX is not cracked and Lennox wants it back or the dealor cant verify the cracks you buy it also

ask them to check the unit and show him the spots you were shown

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast