Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Just be aware that even if your heat exchanger can be changed under the warranty, you'll still have to pick up the tab for labor.

Your replacement heat exchanger should last longer than a year...especially if you change your filters often, do not close off any suppy vent dampers, and don't block any return air vents or paths to the furnace. It might be a good idea to have the folks replacing the heat exchanger to clean the cooling coil and blower wheel blades at the same time, if that hasn't been done in fifteen years.

Twilli says most manufactures will give you a 6 month extention from the manufactured date.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post

I’ve already turned heaters off and made people sign something. You feel bad, but you’d feel worse if you read their name in the obits. There’s a little thing call liability a company has to worry about.
    In PA. You have no legal right to turn off their heat in a manor that they can not turn it back on their selves.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says thats why that HeyBob is so successful with the ladies.
    lol

Yeah, I understand about having to pay labor. But right now if I can keep it going for another year at least, it's worth the 300.00 or so I'd pay.

I've had a maintenance contract on it for the last 2 years so I believe they cleaned coils...at least they claimed they did.

I have a couple of vents turned off because I rarely use the room, but I'll flip them back on. Thanks for hint on that.

Evidently the company that serviced my unit yesterday wasn't on the up and up as far as the part and them just not wanting to deal with it. I won't use them again. I was only using them because that's who America Home Shield used. Now that I can use who I want, I'll use people I can more trust.

These people knew I was out of work and here they were telling me they couldn't get the part and I'd need to order a brand new unit. I wonder why they didn't share with me that it could still be under warranty? All they suggested was the Hybrid unit that goes from electric to gas when needed. He said it was more expensive but more cost effective. Come to find out, I wouldn't even need that so much in SC. The cold days here aren't that often.

I usually just turn the switch or disconnect off, and will show them where I turned it off at, but never saw anything in writing about laws in PA.

Twilli is from SC....Spartanburg.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli is from SC....Spartanburg.
    That explains a lot.

Hmm

Hey, don't make fun of twilly. He's near me.

The first company I called gave me a quote of XXXXXfor labor. soo....I guess I'm back to finding a new unit. I knew it was too good to be true.

This company said they had a low end Tappan for A LOT over what the Payne guy quoted me for. I told the guy what the other company quoted me for the Payne and he was like WOW. He said to let him crunch some numbers for me before I decided what I was going to do. I said crunch away, but I'm still calling others for more labor quotes in the mean time.

P.S. This guy that quoted me for labor said I had to pay for shipping of the part. That didn't sound right. Is it? It seems that should be part of the warranty.

...and Twilly, why does your location say Ohio?

Removed Pricing, No Pricing in Posts
    Last edited by HeyBob; 02-21-2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Removed pricing

You'll have to pay shipping and tax. You also might have to pay labor for them to unload the truck and load it onto their own truck. You can't expect a company to eat those costs. I never replaced one of those, but normally a lot of a heater has to be torn apart to do it. That price sounds a little high, get the part number of the new HX and call around, but when you call someone, don't say too much about calling other people.

REALLY enough with the prices. it is not allowed!! read the rules section PLEASE!!

and yes you have to pay shipping. all that is warrantied is the part. thats it. labor, any additional parts not covered under warranty and even shipping is extra. funny he told you though, i don't disclose shipping, i just give a total price for the whole job.

and twilli stated that he is FROM SC. so it sounds to me that he left and went to the buckeye state.

you couldn't get me to go any further than NC, i like my sweet tea can i get a, ya'll??
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

sorry for my pricing in my post. It's taking some getting used to the rules in here and it was just habit. I won't happen again. Sorry I upset you beachy. Sounds like you could use some sweet tea.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    REALLY enough with the prices. it is not allowed!! read the rules section PLEASE!!
    Stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    Stop whining.
    Thanks Gary G for being on my side. ...and your username sure looks familiar. lol Nice to see you here too. We know good boards when we see them.

I'm about to just call it quits and take the first quote I get on a new unit and cross my fingers it's the right choice. Everyone has been helpful though. Maybe I'm being too careful. This is so confusing as far as comparing everyone's quotes and warranties and if they are reputable, etc. I don't know a hill of beans about all this hardly.

Now in calling for quotes to install, people are telling me they are calling Lennox and they say it's not covered, but yet this morning they say it is. I give up. I'll quit posting because I could go on and on forever, but thanks for letting me vent in here.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast