Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    An indirect should really last 30 with good water conditions, Everything will leak sooner or later and I try not to form an opinion on the first two or three.

There are only a few players. I like Triangle Tube, Buderus, Viessmann, Mega-Stor. I am trying to track down all of the OEM's myself, though I think you may get better service from the Brand Name companies that buy and sell rather than make their own.

It all comes down to service.

MA

Well, Amtrol makes the BoilerMate, and they seem like a pretty big company to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerBoiler MN View Post
    Don't get me wrong, indirects are the finest form of water heating available for residential applications. Boilermates are perhaps my least favorite and instead of fighting rediculous double wall codes, they took advantage of illadvised restrictions on indirects.

Bad policy. Bad business. Not to mentions having to stand a water heater on its head to service it...? What were they thinking. Now finally turned right-side-up and pipes coming out both sides like a bull. Not user friendly.

There are so many other great choices out there. All last 30 years and practically no leakers!

MA

What part of a boilermate is double walled?

Quote Originally Posted by randomkiller View Post
    What part of a boilermate is double walled?
    The whole thing, at least the ones I've seen. My supply house has a cut-away one on display that shows two walls with spray foam insulation between the walls.

pretty sure triangle tube makes the weil indirects.

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    The whole thing, at least the ones I've seen. My supply house has a cut-away one on display that shows two walls with spray foam insulation between the walls.
    Educate an electrician, how does that effect it's hotwater making ability? I have wired a ton of these and never heard anything but good comments. The only other ones I have seen in NY NJ are phase three, never worked on a Weil Mc, other than their boilers.

Quote Originally Posted by randomkiller View Post
    Educate an electrician, how does that effect it's hotwater making ability? I have wired a ton of these and never heard anything but good comments. The only other ones I have seen in NY NJ are phase three, never worked on a Weil Mc, other than their boilers.
    They have no hot water making ability. They are indirect water heaters, which means the energy source is someplace else. They are wired just like another heat zone, except that you can set the priority. They depend on the boiler they're connected to, and their temperature adjustment control.

The storage capacity is similar to an electric water heater, but their recover rate is much quicker, and you can keep the boiler water temperature lower.

simple proccess
    the hot boiler water is pumped through a coil inside the tank and the colder water in the tank absorbs the heat from the hoter water in the coil

it is transfer of heat. It will absorb heat faster the a normal water heater can because the burner has to heat the tank first for it to be obsorbed

some indirects like wilmclain use an outer tank and an iner tank the outer tank is filled with boiler water the iner is domestic

same theory heat transfer from out tank to iner tank
    the key is water flow from the boiler to determine the rate of recovery and amount of total hot water that can be delivered in a single use

hope i explained it ok

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12