Thread: CVHF motor bearings

Post Likes

CVHF motor bearings

My office recently sold a rear bearing replacement (opposite shaft end) for a CVHF650. I've already got the gas out of it. 2 questions:
    - Can the bearing set be replaced without motor removal?
    - Is this standard procedure, if not what's recommended?
    The job was sold at 90 hours, which wouldn't give near enough time for a teardown. Any input would be enlightening, as I have assisted in several similar machine overhauls, but I'm the lead on this one.

Post Likes
    My office recently sold a rear bearing replacement (opposite shaft end) for a CVHF650. I've already got the gas out of it. 2 questions:
    - Can the bearing set be replaced without motor removal?
    - Is this standard procedure, if not what's recommended?
    The job was sold at 90 hours, which wouldn't give near enough time for a teardown. Any input would be enlightening, as I have assisted in several similar machine overhauls, but I'm the lead on this one.

So you guys sold the job but don't know how to do it , do you have the right tools firstly, and the new literature for doing the job.Also 90 hours, holy crap, kudos to the salesman for stroking the customer, that is a 2 day job at most.I guess to answer your question, NO.

Post Likes
    If you don't know what you are doing, DON'T DO IT! It requires special tools to seat the bearing and the endbell has to be doweled.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Post Likes

CVHF motor bearings

To offer a little more info...I will have a 20 year Trane field supervisor directing me, but I was looking for as much info. ahead of time as possible. I know that the endbell has to be pinned. The only literature that came from Trane with the bearing set was regarding bearing orientation.

Post Likes
    He should letting you know what is needed. gas removal, dowel pins, bearing press, etc. If you bought the bearings from Trane, there should be a proceedure for doing the bearing. If the chiller is medium voltage, there is a different locking mechinism.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Post Likes
    get the teardown book & the bearing procedures, DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT!!!

Post Likes
    You say your working with a twenty year Trane tech field supervisor yet your asking us how to do it??????????? yes there is a specialized procedure and you do need special tools and most important YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. The installation procedure has to be followed to the letter or you will be doing it again in 6 months so save some of those oversold hrs for next time it sounds like your going to need them.

Post Likes
    In 90hrs you should be able to do at least 2 or 3 bearing jobs including recovery & evacuation. Just like everyone else mentioned you must follow the literature to a Tee.

Post Likes
    Although the dollars your office alotted for hours might not be enough to cover the purchase of the tools you're going to need, you're in real trouble without them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in