Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do you average the 3 readings there guv? heheh!!
    We aren't service engineers, we are service re-engineers!! Work is what you make it, have fun.....

[QUOTE=frick;1765790][QUOTE=stickerhead;1765233 I never agreed with Trane's 2mm or 2000 microns.

hell sticker york's acceptable evacuation is 5k microns (IT'S IN THE BOOK)[/QUOTE]

The book hasn't been updated since purges were real purges and R-11 was 25 cents a pound. Remember leak checking with nitrogen pressurize and leak check.....run the purge overnight and run and log next morning.....annual parts list included a 100 lbs. of gas......no wonder the ozone shrunk

Smile

Sure i use one as my standard, which has been factory calibrated.

Have you ever calculated how many microns equal a mm of HG ?

kind of like comparing drops of oil (microns) to gallons(mm) of oil ?

Smile

007 , i do understand why y moved on, and I will soon.

I thought you would have all 3 hooked up and checked them all. Naw, you know I'm just harassing you!! But mercury does not lie, so 1mm of Hg equals 1k microns, which to me on some of the chillers is more than acceptable for a deep vacuum.
    We aren't service engineers, we are service re-engineers!! Work is what you make it, have fun.....

So 1mm of Hg = 1,000 microns. i really need some extra fine glasses to see 1/1000 of a mm. Dammmmm i wish you were here to show me. NO NOT you here me there. ???

SEE YA

I miss the days of nitrogen leak checks! Run the purge all nite, start it up and blow the condenser as needed. Add gas and go to the next one!
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

I never paid any attention to York's micron level, but that is worse than Trane's! That must make up for the shaft seal leaking.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    Vac-U Ator!!! made by A&N products, ohio. Vac-Q , made by humbert, pa. where do you get the go-go juice for it. i'm striking out everywhere.used it forever, pretty reliable
    I just had that guy from Vac-Tuator e-mail w/ the info. Sounds good anybody used this thing? Sounds like an info-mercial.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

engineguy, yeah, you guv, looking for you to get here someday. I just had the mercury manometer drilled into my practices by a trio of guys who all had over 40 years with York when I broke in as an apprentice. I guess old habits are hard to break.

This was actually brought up elsewhere in here, I just contacted my supplier to see what it costs. I'm not that happy with my digital micron gauges.

http://www.cliplight.com/hvacr/produ...D=236&catID=31

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Smile PAY to PLAY

Sorry Roy but y gota pay to play the game, if you want to do it right.

This is why it cost 120.00 hr and not the 50 hr rates to have the best tools and technicians/mechanics.

Mostly mercury manometer. They don't lie. Or need batteries, or fail to read right in the cold,wet, or hot weather. Hell you can leave one on all night and all the next day and it will still read. There are no sensors or complicated electronic wizardry BS to worry about. I have even used one to check the valid operation of a questionable electronic micron guage. Had to send that one back to Robinair. Use what you like, just know that you can trust it and you feel comfortable using it.
    Little stuff, micron guage by robinair or comparable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast