Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Brand features can truly be a consumer benefit,they aren't all the same.

Haven't seen a Mod,but have heard a lot on this site ,but then we seldom see furnaces and when we do 80% is the most common.

Heck Twilli has installed lots of Mod's and no problems, only had one bad gas valve in all these years and that was out of the box.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Don't contractors/installers have to take a special Rheem class before they are allowed to buy/install a modulating furnace?

Quote Originally Posted by Irascible View Post
    Put your e-mail in your profile and I'll e-mail you a link to the video. There's nothing especially interesting in it. But you may like to see it anyway.
    I'd like to see what this video is about. Please e-mail me with the link.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Please e-mail me with the link.
    OK... how? I don't see an e-mail in your profile.

OK... how? I don't see an e-mail in your profile.
    Ok, Try it now.. I thought I had it in there. but guess I didn't have it.

Thumbs up

I just sold something like my 18 th one today to Mr. Sloan in Lakehurst Nj.
    Its weird how almost everytime I come on HVAC-TALK I sell one. Guess I better start becoming more regular.

My customers are incredibly happy with them, more so than any other customer with conventional systems. The control board is extremely flexible and can adjust so many different things. Humidfication and filtration is beyond even your average two stage with the 40% firing rate.

I would recomenned surge protection for the furnace if your in a area with frequent power surges, IMO the boards seem more vulnerable to power surges for some reason than other boards, we had two go bad after major power outages, inaddition to several other high dollar appliances in both homes.

I also had two bad thermostats out of the box on the same install. the nice thing about that was I was able to set the unit to single stage and hook a standad t-stat up for heat threw the night. Other than that I am gonna keep on selling them.

The Rheem mod stat is great at modulating, but recovery from setback is
    rather lacking as compared to a good Honeywell stat. The Rheem uses
    a fixed 5 minutes per degree F rise calculation whereas my previous
    Honeywell was smart and would calculate the actual recovery start time
    based on previous runs, which was up to 1.5 hours(to reach a desired
    temperature of 68F at 06:00am it might start the furnace at 04:30am).

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    The Rheem mod stat is great at modulating, but recovery from setback is
    rather lacking as compared to a good Honeywell stat. The Rheem uses
    a fixed 5 minutes per degree F rise calculation whereas my previous
    Honeywell was smart and would calculate the actual recovery start time
    based on previous runs, which was up to 1.5 hours(to reach a desired
    temperature of 68F at 06:00am it might start the furnace at 04:30am).
    Is that with intelligent (adaptive) recovery enabled? I'm very interested in getting a Mod (still looking for Mr. Right [contractor, that is]). Based on my research, my impression is that (on recovery) it will start running flat out for a portion of the recovery, then ramp down based on
    the ability of the furnace to keep up with the house's temperature gain.

Are you saying that the furnace starts out at a low level and ramps up every 5 minutes? I would hope it would work the other way.

Could you clarify your recovery statement? Your figure of 1.5 hours for recovery: is that your current experience with the Mod, or your previous unit? At 5 minutes per degree, equates to 18 degrees. Was your old furnace oversized?

AM

The way I was told years ago by Honeywell, was that the Intelligent Adaptive Recovery remembers how long it took to bring the building up to temperature each of the last four days, and then divides by four to know when to start the system.

With the honeywell stat, I dont know the algorithems, but No, what he is saying is, it will internally raise the set point 1 degree every 5 minutes until your new set point is reached....

Lets make it easy using simple numbers... Lets say you have the furnace set at 60 at night and 70 in the day. (10 degrees). Lets also say you have the time set for 7am.

at 6:10ish, the set point will be 61. At 6:15 the set point will be 62 and so on. Granted, this is not the patented honeywell recovery, but it will bring the furnace up to 70 degrees at 7 am without doing it all at once and odds are that unless it's a brutally cold day, the furnace will stay in low fire for most of the time. BTW, this can be turned off too.

The honeywell stat, simply cannot operate the mod furnace (to its full potential). So take it for what it's worth and install a stat that does this but limits that or install one that does a pretty darn good job of everything. I have nothing against the honeywell stat, but until honeywell sees any value in making a stat that controls the mod, I guess your stuck with the WR, which I think most would admit, is a better looking touch screen stat anyway. I certainly wouldnt settle for a lesser furnace because I couldnt have a honeywell stat.

As far as installation goes, It's no more difficult than anyother furnace, the venting, the wiring (except the V terminal) and the ductwork etc. is all the same as any other furnace goes. The contractor needs to set the cooling airflow, adjust the gas pressure, program the stat, (oh, thats right, they are supposed to do that on all furnaces) configure how you want the fan to run, and install a supply air sensor (included).

Hehe if Twilli can do it...

Baldy said it. RTFM. There's nothing hard about installing a mod if your contractor is competent.

Put your e-mail in your profile and I'll e-mail you a link to the video. There's nothing especially interesting in it. But you may like to see it anyway.
    Ordinarily, I would also say RTFM. But Rheem seems to be having a problem translating its technology and the manner in which it was designed to operate to the operating and installation manuals. This may have been recently fixed, but it is still very irritating to read a new "service bulletin" describing problems with the information in furnaces that were installed 6 months ago.

Im lost...

What service bulletin?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast