Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brewing beer

Brewing beer

anyone here brew their own beer? I've been doing it for a while and I just wanted to see if anyone else is interested

I use to brew a lot of beer years ago. Here in Colorado the Micro Brewery thing really took off about 10 years ago.
    I have a three burner brewing setup for out side with pumps and wort chillers. I brew using 2 row barley from England, and most of my Hops come from Germany. English ales are really good and fairly easy to make.
    Try using different yeasts, that really makes a difference.

Brewing Beer

Hope this thread takes off, I have all the equipment and read about it but yet to make any...still lots to learn.

beer

I too have done it the past. My new year resolution is to finish my out door kitchen and brew beer again and put it on tap at my tiki bar

I brew 5 to 10 gallon batches, for me its a blast. drinkin the last brew while making the next, I'm usually a stout fan, my fav is a coffee stout. I usually brew scotish ale, wheat beers and stouts
    I am currently on a break, the waist was growin I'm wondering how much the hops is gonna cost when I'm ready to brew, the hops shortage doesn't sound good

I love making beer, I'm going to bottle my first stout tommorow night

Let me know how the stout turned out as I am a big fan of stouts ( you might want to share the recipe if you really enjoy it ). I have brewed lots of beers. Malted barleys, hops and you name it. Making beer is really fun and you get to taste the results.

Then If you brew your own, you might want to try an oatmeal stout, the oatmeal adds a great creamy feel to it, all my dry stouts get two cups of oatmeal in the mash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckg222 View Post
    Hope this thread takes off, I have all the equipment and read about it but yet to make any...still lots to learn.
    for the most part it is easy, cleaning the equipment is the most important thing in brewing. You can order a kit from a supplier that come with all ingrediants and detailed instructions, real easy and good beer (for 5 gallons)
    just make sure you have enough bottles, i bought a few korny kegs and keg my beer so I can drink it that night

having a bunch of 3/8 copper around I made a wort chiller,cools the wort in minutes

MUMMMMM Beer... Hubby did this long ago, talking him into making brew again if he can find the time( A/C jobs keep getting in the way) . He made some good pale ale , my favorite

i bottled my irish stout the other night and im thinking about picking up some new ingrediants this week. Im also thinking about growing my own hops this summer

Quote Originally Posted by dcx516 View Post
    . Im also thinking about growing my own hops this summer

I found a bunch of wild hops growing in a park last summer, the vine is huge with lots of hops flowers ,hope it blooms again this summer, I will try to brew with them

Quote Originally Posted by brewer1 View Post
    I found a bunch of wild hops growing in a park last summer, the vine is huge with lots of hops flowers ,hope it blooms again this summer, I will try to brew with them
    i ordered the hop vines today, it doesnt ship till april, but im still excited to begin growing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast