Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carb Cleaner to the eyes.....

friggen hurts! The hell with Mace. I was putting the nice spray tip back on the can( just knowing the little ba$tard would be pointed at my face when..) Bam! Shot in the eyes. Run to the water in the house.....bet my eyes are cleaner now.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

That'll teach ya to look at the hole. LOL

Hope you are okay.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Yeah I'm fine...it just sucks when you know what gonna happen as you're doing it....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Slow motion....

Noooooooo!
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I have just got a small amount of carb cleaner in mine before a few times I can relate, that stuff burns like heck and you don't have any time to be fooling around get to water fast and even faster that fast if you can, I have never got anything in my eyes that burned so bad.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Saftey glasses guys. I am also guilty, not using them when I should.

When we change gears in the race car I always spray the quick change off with some brake cleaner (reduces the mud/dusty/oily mess).

We had some brake cleaner that was particularly bad (can you tell, this has happened more than once?) It kinda smelled like cinnamon, actually kinda had a faint taste of it too (yup, got it in my mouth too)... well I managed to get a good shot in my eye's, both at once... and in my painful furry to get out, I wacked my head on the fuel tank on my way out... now I'm washing brake cleaner and blood out of my eye's... it was a bad night.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Testo... you guys rule!

Quote Originally Posted by smokin68 View Post
    friggen hurts! The hell with Mace. I was putting the nice spray tip back on the can( just knowing the little ba$tard would be pointed at my face when..) Bam! Shot in the eyes. Run to the water in the house.....bet my eyes are cleaner now.
    Yep, now all that varnish is gone from yer eyeballs. Betcha can blink faster now.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Yes I can also relate, that $hit hurts.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

They say pain is a good teacher - but after reading your post I think either its not or your a slow learner

OK that was a low blow "
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Got stay brite spray flux in my eye one time. Redness should be gone in about 3 days. Try to wear safety glasses. Glad your OK.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

As bad as carb or brake cleaner hurts the absolute worst was heat riser lube that GM and Chrysler sold. Don't know who made it for them but it was the exact same stuff in the same can. I don't know if they make it anymore. It was an awesome penetrant. Don't know if Ford had it. From what some people have told me Ford never had a problem with rust.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

pvc cleaner hurts like a mofo too! I have gotten to experience,carb,brake,and pvc cleaners in the eye at one point or another.

Also be very careful with the cutting torch when you accidently pick up the can of FLAMMABLE brake cleaner to clean the oilpan before torching on motor mounts! I had a motor mount poke through the oil pan on a derby car so I figured I would torch a bit off before repairing the pan, filled the hole with brake cleaner I guess. Very loud bang!!
    You can't fix stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast