Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lineset cover

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    do these pics. say anything about goodman dealers vs. trane dealers?
    No its doesn't!

It says something about proper installation verse improper, brand has nothing to do with it!
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

I know didnt mean to rouse ya. just a joke since I have installed Goodman for about 10 years now. In my area I do see some of the scariest installers more often @ my goodman supplier than I do other suppleirs

Cool

When I lived down FLA I worked for two companies. One sold and installed Carrier and Trane, as well as some of their counterparts (cheaper brands). The other sold Trane. Worked there for about ten years.
    I moved up here to KY and got a job with a company that sells and installs Luxaire. I was skeptical of the quality of both the equipment and the company, because of the equipment sold.
    It will be two years in July and I have to say, " I am quite surprised at the quality of Luxaire." Their control boards are intelligent and the engineering is descent. Some of the higher efficiency units i think are more quite than that of Trane or Carrier, especially the 410a units.
    I still like Trane and wish we sold them, but there are already too many dealers in the area. Besides this company has been around since the 50's.
    To round things up, I believe for a system to work right. It needs to have strong roots (meaning, duct install to start up and as well as proper maintenance). I see it as the same of a tree, if it is starved of certain things and can't grow proper roots. It cannot keep up with the time and will soon fail in time. Starve the air flow and kill the compressor, no oil return kill the compressor, etc.
    For the most part all of our equipment is built with the same parts (Parker, Sporlan, Alco), and under the same direction of the large companies (Carrier, Trane). But some find their way out and become a competitor of the big guys,(Tempstar, used to be a counterpart of Carrier). Now they are their own entity.
    Now that I get to play with all kinds of equipment I get to see the downfall or troubles of other manufacturers, and they all ( I mean, ALL) have their flaws. It is how we react to them, that will show the out come of their existence.
    I apologize for the rant, carry on gentlemen.
    reeper,

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Well, we did just become a Goodmana dealer, soo....

Gonna be an interesting summer. Trane already has such a broad product selection that it is confusing to customers if I give to many options.

Now we will also have Amana products, boss isn't sure if he wants to sell any Goodman brand, and we will be offering the Tappan line of IQ drive stuff.
    Goodman is ok equipment if it's installed properly,just wait till you have to deal with warranty issues. Stick with Amana.

Ingersoll/Rand ain't holding Trane up are they..

I saw some of there trucks I.R. control division at Trane Thursday.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Quote Originally Posted by aircooled53 View Post
    Goodman is ok equipment if it's installed properly,just wait till you have to deal with warranty issues. Stick with Amana.

What do you mean "just wait till you have to deal with warranty issues"?
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post
    The disconnect (and being the OLD on at that) can't be behind the unit. THAT is against code.

Not too mention DRINKING ON THE JOB!

Because there is no way a sober person installed that cover like that and though it LOOKED good!

Mark, you got to LOVE the night and day difference in the installs!

Your install: TRANE

Their install: GOODMAN

Your Install: Nice and neat, all new electrical, whip, disconnect, etc and the straight line set cover.

Their Install: GOODMAN (got to list that one TWICE), old disconnect, etc... and that line set cover... which is slanted for some odd reason.
    Goodman didn't install that unit or cover.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by aircooled53 View Post

OH, I forgot. I/R bought out trane, OH, BOY.
    I hope for the best, but lets see how they plan on handling the HVACR side of their company. I know from experience from some of the refrigerated wharehouses that use their genorators that their service side sucks and is slow.
    Like I said, never had a problem with Trane, but now that I have seen othercolors of green, I went over the fence. Ha, Ha.
    Next thing you know, Kohler will be answering the phone for American Standard.
    No hard feelings, just a thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123