Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lineset cover

Talking There were no code violations in this install

There were no code violations commited in that install at all. Now given that it's a Goodman and had he installed the lineset and cover straight, with a new disconnect....then there would have been at least 8 code violations involved there not to mention one already I see in violation .....he used a pad under that Goodman unit....yer supposed to set them suckers right on the dert.
    Now Trane on the other hand....you have to have it perfect and straight.....if not....that violates all codes

I agree with Payson.

Not that I'm a trane fan but your install was done proffesionally and the goodman was installed by a HACK. What needs to be done is the manufactururs need to get involved and talk to the distributor and contractor that installed this POS. And I am sure the inside unit is just as lovely. This type of work done by lowball, low rate contractors is what makes us all look expensive and unreasonable when you quote a higher price to a customer.

This is the big reason that goodman and janitrash got the rep they did and it still continues till this day for some. And the cheap a$$ customers dont help either.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

I think the Goodmans just fine. The guys house is in the wrong place! Move the house over a few feet. Jeeeze
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy-lvhm View Post
    janitrash
    Don't you mean "junkitrol"?

Maybe the HO asked for the French Twist?
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Thumbs down

We don't need no stink'n level! Man.

We install GOOD(hack)MAN...
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

nice

A real craftsman there, lol. We install the same type of lineset covers(pre-primed), and straight.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Hey Mark, did you make that up in your shop or is that commercially available? Looks nice! I only do boilers and Fuji ductless, and the LineHide looks kinda crappy on some older homes. Looks like what you have there would be an alternative.

Come on Mark, we know which one you really installed!!!
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Maybe the guy is crosseyed When I use to live in Indiana that was what we used also.

Quote Originally Posted by sprintmj19 View Post
    Hey Mark, did you make that up in your shop or is that commercially available? Looks nice! I only do boilers and Fuji ductless, and the LineHide looks kinda crappy on some older homes. Looks like what you have there would be an alternative.
    M&M metal manufacturing supplies them in 10ft lengths to most of our local HVAC supply houses. They come with a primer coat on them like that, and I we can order them in custom sizes. They have sheets or rolls of metal that already have primer on both sides for making stuff like that.
    I have seen them in other sheet metal manufacturers catalogs, from other parts of the country, so it isn't unique to M&M.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    Come on Mark, we know which one you really installed!!!
    Well, we did just become a Goodmana dealer, soo....

Gonna be an interesting summer. Trane already has such a broad product selection that it is confusing to customers if I give to many options.

Now we will also have Amana products, boss isn't sure if he wants to sell any Goodman brand, and we will be offering the Tappan line of IQ drive stuff.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Hmm

do these pics. say anything about goodman dealers vs. trane dealers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast