Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possum

Ah man! frog legs. Not to mention watchin the legs 'jump' in the frying pan too.
    Summer will be here soon! (yeah, we eat 'weird stuff' here in Missouri too)
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Raccoon that is pretty good only ate it once though and that has been years ago. You can keep your frog legs not enough meat anyways. Squirrel s to dry IMO. Shark meat is good once you get pass the license plates that it had eaten. What does gator meat taste like? I have alot of relatives there but none of them ate gator meat?

Quote Originally Posted by mrlighturfire View Post
    What does gator meat taste like? I have alot of relatives there but none of them ate gator meat?
    Relatives in Florida. It is getting late I must be tired

Gator is really good. I have family in Louisiana I tried it there when I visited awhile back it became my favorite animal to eat after that turtle is good to its got a flavor variety depending on the part of the turtle the meat comes from and no it doesn’t taste like chicken.
    And Dirtshine I have had frogs legs on other camping trips just didn’t on that one.

Possum ain't rabbit and it ain't dark meat either. I can tell that most of you don't even know what it is. Possum is cooked in oven like roast, with potatoes. Swamp Rat, not Swamp rabbit.

Squirrel is very good and so is rabbit.Fried

If you ever been to the real back woods maybe you would understand about eating wild game and cure of meat for food.

Possom ( swamp rat)
    Coon (pistol) (washer bear)
    rabbit (briar) (cottontail)
    squirrel (gray-red)
    buck-sow/ (wild pig)
    bobcat (yard cat)
    deer (vinison)
    turkey (yard bird)

Where did I learn all of this , way down yonder, just about a mile from Texarkana, in little part of backwoods called Boggie Creek, Arkansas.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

I've had opossum on the half shell --- armadillo.

Redneck friend in Georgia cooked it with hamburger helper. He served it for dinner one night without telling us.

He had to use a sawzall to get the shell off the sucker.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

the gator tail I've had is kinda tough and chewy, tastes like mix between chicken and tuna.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12