Replacing temperature sensor for Trane CH530 on CVHG - which software for set up?

Hi all,
    The sensor in the picture has model number X13650726-06, and is designated 4R6, i.e. evap leaving water. It had been constantly giving readings of about 13 degrees C above the true temperature.

I am told that when replacing it with a new sensor, some re-programming is required. Involves connecting a laptop to the CH530 using some Trane software.

I've been unable to find any IOMs that describe this procedure...
    Is this done using TechView with the CTV main processor?
    Oh, I was told to look for "Binding View"... Do I need to use the LLID main processor? Or will the CTV MP suffice?

TIA
    Last edited by kaon; 02-14-2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: "Binding View"?

You want to download the techview software. CTV software is what the chiller uses.

yeah you are gonna want techview for that, your gonna have to bind the new sensor and that should do it, turn to and there you go

are you sure that it is really that far off? did you put it in a stable glass of water? had one that did not read right...it was not installed far enough in the well.

good luck.
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

[this glitch-post needs to be deleted]

[this glitch-post needs to be deleted]
    Last edited by kaon; 02-19-2008 at 12:53 AM. Reason: delete me!

magnet!

Quote Originally Posted by bigo View Post
    yeah you are gonna want techview for that, your gonna have to bind the new sensor and that should do it, turn to and there you go
    Hmm... No one mentioned I needed a magnet...
    For future reference here's what I did that worked out:
    Using TechView with CTV main processor installed as instructed on Trane website.
    Techview likes to use COM1, so if your serial port isn't already COM1, you have to set it at WinXP > DeviceManager > properties of a Comm port > Port Settings > Advanced

After TechView connects, go View > Binding View
    The missing sensor, in my case, Evap Leaving Temp has red-angry-face, with the button "Bind" enabled.
    Press "Bind"
    You will see a YES/No dialog asking you to select the sensor module with a magnet. I used a PA speaker. When the circuit senses magnetic field, a green LED will light up. Then press the YES button.

I had to try twice, before it worked as above.
    The first time I tried, the CH530 failed to communicate with the module, and when I refreshed the binding list, all 28 became red-faces, this persisted after refreshing. I had to reconnect the TechView, and all went back to normal.

Temperature readings were good.

Thanks everyone!

yeah you need a south pole magnet to do that fairly simple to do....is that on a sat evap temp sensor ?