Trane heating trouble

This is a 3 ton single packaged gas unit thats 6 yrs old. Trane YCC036F1MOB model if that helps.
    The heart of the problem is something is shutting off the gas valve when the system is trying to heat up. I checked the blowers and they are working fine. When the thermo calls for heat everything seems to be working right all up till it comes time to open the gas valve. I can hear the valve opening and the ignitor lighting. It will burn for a few seconds then shut off. In about another 60 seconds it starts over again. Sometimes it will stay light but sometimes it won't and after several trys it goes into lock out. Could this be a faulty safety switch? The weird thing is it doesn't do this everytime. The only fault code I get on the ign LED indicator is "system lockout"

Call you local HVAC guy. No DIY on this site, forum rules.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by karsthuntr View Post
    Call you local HVAC guy. No DIY on this site, forum rules.
    I didn't ask "step by step" how to fix this. I just ask for any ideas to what might cause this problem.

What good is this site if you can't ask a question anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by printmanjackson View Post
    This is a 3 ton single packaged gas unit thats 6 yrs old. Trane YCC036F1MOB model if that helps.
    The heart of the problem is something is shutting off the gas valve when the system is trying to heat up. I checked the blowers and they are working fine. When the thermo calls for heat everything seems to be working right all up till it comes time to open the gas valve. I can hear the valve opening and the ignitor lighting. It will burn for a few seconds then shut off. In about another 60 seconds it starts over again. Sometimes it will stay light but sometimes it won't and after several trys it goes into lock out. Could this be a faulty safety switch? The weird thing is it doesn't do this everytime. The only fault code I get on the ign LED indicator is "system lockout"
    It sounds like the flame sensor needs to be cleaned. Don't do this your self, unless your a trained flame sensor cleaner upper.

Quote Originally Posted by printmanjackson View Post
    I didn't ask "step by step" how to fix this. I just ask for any ideas to what might cause this problem.

What good is this site if you can't ask a question anyway?
    Generally answers to repair question are not permitted.
    Theres a host of non repair questions that can be asked.

When is the last time you had your unit serviced.

I doubt its the FS as toptek thinks. I find more often then not, that its the xx doing its job, and the xyz needs replaced, or there is a xxxx that has to be taken care of.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

They are correct. No help can be given.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.