Thread: blower houseing bearings

Post Likes

blower houseing bearings

i have a patriot oil hot air furnace that has bad bearings in the blower. how hard is it to replace the bearings in the blower houseing this is one thing i havent done yet so im not sure what im getting in to.

Post Likes
    not to bad most of the time. There some that can be a pitta to replace and you wish you never got involved. Make sure you clean the shaft and use grit clothe also real good and then coat it with oil or wd-40

Post Likes
    They're usually not to bad to change. Older Trane oil furnaces are a pain, and some older Spartans are as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    Never stoop to the same level and try to match wits with an idiot they have far more experience at it then you Quote?
    In case you were wondering, I think the quote is “Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    In case you were wondering, I think the quote is “Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
    I have seen that one also but the one i have i read at a customers realistate office wile waiting for a key to a unit. Cant remember who wrote it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    I have seen that one also but the one i have i read at a customers realistate office wile waiting for a key to a unit. Cant remember who wrote it
    Best sign I ever saw was, "We cheat the other guy, and pass the savings along to you." LOL

Post Likes
    You sure the bearings are shot? Lots of times the bearing tension retainer has loosened overtime and allows the pulley to slop back and forth. I've tightened countless retainers and made the blower nearly silent. If the bearing is truly worn out, changing the bad one (typically the one with the load) is not too difficult, maybe takes 1/2 hour at most.

Post Likes
    Usually, if I change one bearing, I change them both.

Remember, the toes you step on today. May be attached to the arse you kiss tomorrow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in