+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracer Summit .RPT files.

Post Likes

Tracer Summit .RPT files.

Does anyone know of a way to view Summits .rpt files with something other than summit? I know I can save them as .txt files and open in excell but its a beeaatch to get formatted and lined up right. The .rpt files look great but I cant email them or view on another PC.

Post Likes
    can you print them as a pdf and email that?

Post Likes
    Thanks, I know that but I cannot autosave them as a PDF as the print dialog comes up to ask where to save to (would have to do that every week several times). If there was a way to autosave them in a folder as a PDF then I would be in business.

Post Likes
    With summit you can set up a custom report to auto print. You can also set up adobe as your event printer. I have never tried to combine these two features, maybe you can be the test.

Post Likes
    You can auto save them as a text file instead of .rpt . You can open them on any machine in that format.
    It took actually learning something to realize how much I had to learn.

Post Likes
    Ive tried both of these. When you auto print to a PDF printer a print dialog comes up and you have to click it and say where to save to (not automated). If you save as a txt file or csv then you have to go back to the file and open it in excell and manually spread all the info out so you can read (pain). These are the two things Im trying to get around. I want the report to look just like it does when opened in summit (nice, neat and legible). txt format does not do that.

Post Likes
    can you get remote access to that computer?

Post Likes
    Sorry for the delay. Been out for a while. Yes controldude, I have remote access via "remote utilities" program (just like remote desktop but better).

Post Likes
    Then all you have to do is Print on the remote machine as a PDF and copy the report to your computer. That's all I do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controldude View Post
    Then all you have to do is Print on the remote machine as a PDF and copy the report to your computer. That's all I do.
    Yeah I know that but its still not automated. I still have to do it every time manually. looking to have it save automatically in a format that any PC can read. So far no way to do so.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in