Question VFD fan coil in attic

Any concern about using a fan coil with a VFD in an attic? I am wondering if the summer and winter temperatures inside a ventilated attic could cause reliablity problems with an electronic VFD.

Quote Originally Posted by crnelson View Post
    Any concern about using a fan coil with a VFD in an attic? I am wondering if the summer and winter temperatures inside a ventilated attic could cause reliablity problems with an electronic VFD.
    I have seen them in rooftop units, So i would guess no problem.
    they see 10 degrees and 110 degrees there.

Vfd can be affected by water, heat, cold and pretty much anything else. Why do you want to put VFD in your home. Sounds like a lot of money with little pay back to you.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by crnelson View Post
    make an insulated equipment room in the attic
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

We have one in an attic that gets very hot during the summer, it has a tube coming out of the discharge cold deck of the AHU to the VFD case. There is a choke in this tube to control the airflow. We had RTUs on a job with a similiar set up. York air cooled chillers circulate air cooled glycol to a small fan coil in the compressor VFD compartment.