Seer Rating on Trane Swap

I am replacing a condensor and coil on my 10 yr old system. ADP coil leak. Anyway they are suggesting a replacement condenser of XR14 model 4ttr4042 and coil model 4txcc043. My Furnace is model TUE100A948K2 also a Trane. There is nothing wrong with the indoor gas furnace so I'm not considering replacing the unit inside. My questions are this, 1. What Seer rating will I get with this matchup? 2. It shows a 10 year warranty on both coil and compressor does this hold up if I don't replace furnace at same time? 3. Sound like a reasonable replacement or should I look at other options.

Thanks for all the help, this is a great forum.

Only gonna get 13 SEER out of that match. Requires VS blower to get more and even then might not be full 14.

Only thing you get with the XR14 over XR13 is a nice, modern scroll compressor which I'd personally prefer anyway.

They are switching the above mentioned coil to a Trane Model TXCB042BC3HCAA. Is this appropriate? I don't want to be looking at an install bait and switch. Will this coil affect the efficency, says Mobile Home on the coil. They said it was the same just casing was different in order to fit in the furnace closet. This sound ok to the experts?

Thank you for all the help and information in these forums.

Consider replacing the furnace you may get a rebate from energy company with higher seer rating, that will help new furnace purchase!
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by ssimps0n View Post
    They are switching the above mentioned coil to a Trane Model TXCB042BC3HCAA. Is this appropriate? I don't want to be looking at an install bait and switch. Will this coil affect the efficency, says Mobile Home on the coil. They said it was the same just casing was different in order to fit in the furnace closet. This sound ok to the experts?

TXCB should be R22 and the outdoor 4tt is 410 the first coil should be right

They are saying the first coil will not fit through the opening to install and are using the other coil mentioned. They are using 410 in the system. What should I do?

Ask them to use a coil that's rated for R410a.

Looks like the model is 4txcb042bc3hcaa and the guide with it does say the 4txc is rated for 410a. Guess its an ok match?

They are saying the first coil will not fit through the opening to install and are using the other coil mentioned. They are using 410 in the system. What should I do?
    You should be fine the coil # probably starts with a 4 and is 4'' narrower than the 043

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Only thing you get with the XR14 over XR13 is a nice, modern scroll compressor which I'd personally prefer anyway.
    You get a little bit more capacity at ARI conditions, usually 1k to 1.5k btuh, and a little better performance at higher outdoor ambient conditions, but that's about it. We hardly ever offer the XR14.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.