Ecovent in reverse!

Hi. Just read the thread about the Ecovent and looked at the .pdf file. Very interesting.

Is there such a thing as an Ecovent-like vent that works in reverse? As part of my HVAC system make-over, I'm thinking about installing a skuttle in my laundry room for dryer combustion air and would like the vent closed during periods of non-use.

AM.

Thumbs up One way valve.

I have not heard of one, but by putting a one-way-valve in your exhaust line out of the house this will keep the cold/hot air from coming back into the house via the exhaust vent. The only advice is to put it where you can access so once a year you can clean the lint build up off of it so it shuts properly.

Quote Originally Posted by erb88 View Post
    I have not heard of one, but by putting a one-way-valve in your exhaust line out of the house this will keep the cold/hot air from coming back into the house via the exhaust vent. The only advice is to put it where you can access so once a year you can clean the lint build up off of it so it shuts properly.
    Hi Erb:

The valve is not for the exhaust line. Actually, I have a flapper on the outside vent. Not too sure that it stops anything, as I've heard it flap in heavy wind.

The vent that I'm interested in is to provide combustion air for the dryer (which would be exhaused via the normal exhaust vent), to minimize air infiltration during heating. Just another step to maintain a comfortable humidity during the winter.

AM