What type of paperworK should homeowners expect from a smaller
business if they contract a hvac job with them?

Is a signed worK order sufficient, saying balance due upon completion
of job?
Should there be a separate deposit slip if homeowner leaves a deposit,
or should that all go on same worK order?
And is a signed worK order considered a legally binding
document should there be a dispute??