ThermaMist Humidifier

I posted this on another forum and somebody recommended I try getting some feedback from here.

I am looking at a whole house humidifier for my hydronic forced air unit. I have some size constraints (other stuff in the way) on the plenum so I am thinking about using one of these ThermoMist humidifiers by FieldControls.

http://www.fieldcontrols.com/cart/in...products_id=10

When it detects heat from the air handler, it sprays a fine mist of atomized water (I have softened well water) into the air duct to transport humidity throughout the house.

Does anybody have any experience with this type of system?

If so, how well do they work? Are they effective?, reliable?, expensive to maintain? Do the minerals dust out into the ducts/rooms? Any specific problems or things to look out for?

Thanks for your help.

Atomized mist humidifiers require Merv +11 air filters down stream to remove the minute particulate from the air. Best to use an evaporating pad and replace the pad every year. You know things are slow when a dehu bear answers humidifier questions. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"