Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Convention Date is set.

OK folks. The convention date is set in stone! It will be on August 15-17 and if you can, stay a few extra days. I can get us some cabins not far up in the rockies for almost no $$$ early in the week. It's nice to say you've peed in a river upstream from Coors.

Oh yea, your flying into Denver Intl Airport. The code is DEN. I'll see ya in 6 months.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Is the convention going to be in Ft Morgan or Denver or what?

Do you have a hotel/motel/trailer park/campground picked out yet?

I'm going to start working the hotels this week now that we have a date. The convention is gonna be in Ft Morgan. Saturday I'll get a bus together and we'll go to LoDo and do the Denver thing. Sunday will be at my house. Friday I'll get us a nice bar. I hope your coming Tim.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

As you set your dates. I'm hoping to take a crew of stragglers [late stayers] up the hill on Monday. Maybe go see Estes Park and take a cruise up Trail Ridge Road! At 12,200 ft and waaaay above the tree line, you can actually look DOWN on the clouds as you drive there. Google search Trail Ridge Road!
    It's a beautiful thing. After the tour, Estes is a nice high altitude touristy town like Bennington, fulla elk, and great food and fun stuff.
    Last edited by spotts; 02-13-2008 at 12:09 PM.
    Walter Matthau

I played a round of golf in a tournament in Estes Park a couple of years ago. They have a special course rule that you get penalty free relief from elk droppings on the fairways.

If your in the rough, you're out of luck.
    Leadership...the ability to move forward even when you've burned your foot.

I like that little par 3 course where you shoot over a river on like 1/2 the holes. I fill all my pockets with balls.
    Walter Matthau

So........................

Where's the naked women at?
    Edited by powerhead on more than one occasion

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    I like that little par 3 course where you shoot over a river on like 1/2 the holes. I fill all my pockets with balls before I play and loose um all. Kinda fun, I never get a birdy anyways, but an Elky....... possible. This is the course.
    .[/QUOTE]
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    [/QUOTE]

I'll have to remember to bring my membership card being that we will be so close to the Elks Lodge. I'll have to stop in and have a beer and say hello to the boys.

PS: did you ever get that job at the Elks that you were bidding?

My mind wanders.

No, I was like 40% higher than the hack who they hired. 7 ton gas electric 3 phase for $5,500. !
    Walter Matthau

The DNC is having their convention in Denver the next week. Can't stick around too long after the H-talk deal.
    Read, read, read!

Better to miss the job at that Jack. Just charge heavy when you clean up th trash
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

I'm new to this sight. What goes on at the convention? Is it a national convention for all to be involved in like the HVAC excellence one that i was at in Vegas with venders and educators?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast