Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on APC Cooling Equipment

Wondering about your thoughts on APC Cooiling equipment for Data Centers.
    Those who have worked on them, how due you feel they compare with the Liebert units or Data Aire units. Can't be worse than a Stulz.

From what I know about them they are suppose to be pretty good. I have not had the pleasure yet. Unfortunately it seems I well know Stultz because I've had to do quite a bit leak repairs on their coils.

I have never worked on the APCs, but we have several FM series around 30 tons, and they seem to be very reliable and trouble-free. They're also very expensive.

I Love Them
    They Are Very Nice.
    Love The Freq Drives On Supply Blowers
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Just curious our company installs nmainly Lieberts, and in our rooms we service the majority is Liebert, but we do have some Stulz and Data Aire we have serviced for quiet sometime.
    But the co. is looking to install some APC equipment. Just wondering on the service ability and reliabilty, was on the web site and it looks pretty good.
    Thought variable frequency drives on blower looked interesting as well.

apc

had no problems, except engineer did not spec lee temp receiver

APC's in a computer room...

I came across one installation last month. These are glorified fan coil units that take up floor space and blow cold air in your face when you try to work the controls. A rack of cheap looking, loud, variable speed boxer fans on a coil. Have to drain the condensate under the floor, that could be tough. Or pump it.
    They appeal to IT nerds because them come with an IP address for the internet.
    My feeling is put the AC fan coil unit in a service area outside the room, where water leaks may not be a problem. Duct the cooling in under the floor or above the ceiling. No need for raised-floor clearance passes to fix an ac unit.
    I'll even throw in an internet thermostat from Propiilix if you want.

D.

worked on one one time and it had a brazed plate condensor on an open tower loop,the screen in the strainer has to be fine mesh or the condensor will plug up with silt,crud.Can be a real nightmare on a system with bad water,otherwise it appeared o.k. once you pull the goofy access panel fastners and replace them with tech screws.

Wink

I haven't worked on their newer models, but the ones whe have are good. They work excellent and have worked on many over the years. They do the same job as a Liebert does.
    Mentioned by D'Laine, they are larger,but I find them easier to get to things.

What Bobby says is true. I don't really care for the plate condensors. However using a fine mesh screen keeps us from acid cleaning them.

I also like the idea of multiple fans.
    "My hands are for sale"

have worked on one. Alot of problems just after start up. Seemed over controlled/complicated for its purpose. The customer choose this unit over a Liebert and found out first time, second time and third time it broke that he made a bad choise. Parts are hard to get, specific to APC and very expensive. In its defence, working great for now until it breaks the again.

I have had no problems.

maybe poor install?

Never really had any major issues with the APC machines, I am sorta bias to the Canatal unit, great machine to work on, quite reliable. You guys see any Canatal's in the States?

Quote Originally Posted by CDNtech View Post
    Never really had any major issues with the APC machines, I am sorta bias to the Canatal unit, great machine to work on, quite reliable. You guys see any Canatal's in the States?

NO,
    PRE TEL?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast