Using PCT, disabling PID

Anyone know a good way to disable a PID loop while it's not being used?

What I am trying to achieve is to not have a PID reaching 100% before it is enabled. if the pool WST = 25 deg Cbut my setpoint is 30 deg C, and they want to use the dry-o-tron as the primary heating, I want my PID to be at 0 until I get the command to run. When it runs, I want the PID to increase, rather than already be at 100% by the time it's required.

The only way I thought about was to use a selection block, or perhaps switching it to reverse/acting.

Put the PID inside a hybrid activity block. When the block is disabled, the PID will shut down. When the block is enabled, the PID will start to modulate from that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Questionz View Post
    Anyone know a good way to disable a PID loop while it's not being used?

What I am trying to achieve is to not have a PID reaching 100% before it is enabled. if the pool WST = 25 deg Cbut my setpoint is 30 deg C, and they want to use the dry-o-tron as the primary heating, I want my PID to be at 0 until I get the command to run. When it runs, I want the PID to increase, rather than already be at 100% by the time it's required.

The only way I thought about was to use a selection block, or perhaps switching it to reverse/acting.
    Check out the states tables, most likely something can be easily changed there.

I would just use a MUX to put the setpoint or input to a value that would make the pid go to 0

On a similar thought (sorry small hijack) has anyone tried to freeze a PID when conditions are just right with a HOLD hybrid activity? I need to build a custom one.