Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Huckabee, McCain?

Can Huckabee pull enough conservative leaning voters to defeat McCain for the Republican nomination? There are certainly enough hard right Republicans who consider McCain to be a disaster to the Republican agenda.

Can McCain take enough moderate Democratic and Independant votes to defeat Hillary if both of them become their parties nominees?

Will the media now give Huckabee a little more attention or will they continue to ignore Huckabee for fear of his becoming too popular?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Can Huckabee pull enough conservative leaning voters to defeat McCain for the Republican nomination? There are certainly enough hard right Republicans who consider McCain to be a disaster to the Republican agenda.

Can McCain take enough moderate Democratic and Independant votes to defeat Hillary if both of them become their parties nominees?

Will the media now give Huckabee a little more attention or will they continue to ignore Huckabee for fear of his becoming too popular?
    1. No

2. No.

3. No. Yes to the second part.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

No way! Huckabee is lurking in the shadows, and will get nothing for it.
    I know of some folks who would vote for him, but by and large it's a NO. It's the Straight Talk Express, baby. Squelch it, Limbaugh.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

If this is the case, then we are destined to have Hillary Clinton as the next president of the United States. Does everyone here really believe that a majority of Americans will vote in Hillary Clinton?

Maybe Ron Paul will be the winner in this. If we have a Republican that conservative Republicans don't want to vote for and a Democrat that other then ultra-liberals will not vote for, maybe Ron Paul actually has a chance to pick up the votes from both party members who just will not accept their party's choice of candidate.

Any way we look at it, this is a landmark historical election.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    No way! Huckabee is lurking in the shadows, and will get nothing for it.
    I know of some folks who would vote for him, but by and large it's a NO. It's the Straight Talk Express, baby. Squelch it, Limbaugh.
    I don't see Huckabee so much as lurking in the shadows but rather being pushed into the shadows by the media. I think the media is afraid of Huckabee.

I don't see Huckabee so much as lurking in the shadows but rather being pushed into the shadows by the media. I think the media is afraid of Huckabee.
    Nothing to be afraid of anymore. Huckabee will have to win at least 83% of the remaining delegates to get the nomination. That is almost impossible.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Really? I never got quite that impression, although it was biased on the part of the media. He seems likable, and he's quick with a remark that's nothing if not cute. It did seem like there were a top-tier group that were media darlings, and then there was everyone else.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Well, I kinda like what Huckabee said after he just won Nebraska; "I didn't major in math, I majored in miracles, and I still believe in them."

Well, I kinda like what Huckabee said after he just won Nebraska; "I didn't major in math, I majored in miracles, and I still believe in them."
    Well Robin, I think we might just need someone that majored in miracles to get us out of this mess were in.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Miracle man is down getting some sun today. Makes the local front page

If this is the case, then we are destined to have Hillary Clinton as the next president of the United States. Does everyone here really believe that a majority of Americans will vote in Hillary Clinton?
    Slick Willie was elected by only 43% of the vote.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    Slick Willie was elected by only 43% of the vote.
    In a three way race, that was the majority.

McCain or Huckabee would easily defeat Hillary.....a monkey would.

Now Obama's a different case. Very well spoken and speaks of the changes the country wants.
    A Obama/Hillary ticket is the Dems best chance.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast