Thread: quick question about blower

Post Likes

quick question about blower

I had a tech at my house recently and he adjusted the blower speed on my unit due to low "delta T" .

I now notice that the furnace kicks on and runs no problems. Then the thermostat reaches the set point and clicks to turn the furnace off and the blower cycles up to a higher speed for about 90 seconds.

I didn't notice it before the blower speed was adjusted.
    Is this normal? (goodman 93% eff furance downflow)

Post Likes
    call them back, they wired it wrong
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Post Likes
    Its probably a variable speed motor and the tech set the dip switces for a 90 sec blower off delay if goodman offers this. If its a gas furn its probably 120volts, and if the heat woks I doubt its wired wrong.

Post Likes
    Model # ?

Post Likes
    model is gch90703bx

Post Likes
    from what i have noticed on goodman systems this is normal. the speed for the blower off delay as well as the "fan on" are the same. the system uses the cooling fan speed for these 2 functions. However, i have a question. are all of your supply and returns open all the way including the dampers? I would ask your service company. was this a new install? How did they size the system? do they know the ductwork has enough air flow for the amount of cfm?

Post Likes
    all supplies and returns are open all the way. not a new install they just came out to install a condensate pump and configure the blower speed.

the rest I don't know as it wasn't a new install.

Post Likes
    any thoughts? it just seems strange to me but maybe its just strange because its different now

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in