Carrier i-Vu Control Algorithms

I am currently working on a Carrier i-Vu 4.2 and am in the process of working through the basic control algorithms that they use. I was wondering of anyone had a list of the control algorithms used by carrier so I could determine whether or not I wanted to continue using them or write my own with Best++.

Upgrade to 6, go with open and use snap. Best not to use best.

Quote Originally Posted by bacnet>CCN View Post
    Upgrade to 6, go with open and use snap. Best not to use best.
    I am not the installer and I am working with existing customer equipment and software. I work for an energy conservation company.

Just to clarify, the i-Vu itself doesn't have any control programming. All the programs are held in the CCN modules and the i-Vu is the interface between them. If some knows feel free to correct me, but I believe you can only add best programs to Comfort Controllers, you're stuck with the factory programming when it comes to VAV and VVT controllers.

I just started working with some Carrier CCN stuff and the existing programming/controls are actually quite involved and flexible. There is certainly a ton of engineering that went into the factory programming.
    You more than likely can find numerous ways to optimize using the factory programs.

That being said... What is the condition of the actual equipment?
    All the optimization in the world won't solve a poorly maintained building.
    Quote Originally Posted by KATinsl View Post
    I am not the installer and I am working with existing customer equipment and software. I work for an energy conservation company.

Quote Originally Posted by bacnet>CCN View Post
    Just to clarify, the i-Vu itself doesn't have any control programming. All the programs are held in the CCN modules and the i-Vu is the interface between them. If some knows feel free to correct me, but I believe you can only add best programs to Comfort Controllers, you're stuck with the factory programming when it comes to VAV and VVT controllers.
    Correct! All the algorithms for CCN reside on the controllers themselves. If you look up CC6400 you will find a book that details all the canned algorithms available for use. I have been programming Carrier for many years and never learned BEST++ because I have always been able to get it done with stacking the canned algorithms on top of each other. I am now doing most of my stuff in snap and its even easier once you get used to it and its a lot of fun.

iVu is just a front end for Carrier and isn't required for everything else to operate standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by mcguire07 View Post
    Correct! All the algorithms for CCN reside on the controllers themselves. If you look up CC6400 you will find a book that details all the canned algorithms available for use. I have been programming Carrier for many years and never learned BEST++ because I have always been able to get it done with stacking the canned algorithms on top of each other. I am now doing most of my stuff in snap and its even easier once you get used to it and its a lot of fun.

iVu is just a front end for Carrier and isn't required for everything else to operate standalone.
    Yeah thats true, however we have programmed systems where we needed to modify the programming in some VAV's, so we used the CC6400 to hold the B++ programs which then did Read/Writes to the VAV controllers via B++ to modify their canned programs.

The downside of it is that if the network goes down then the controllers dont work properly in standalone mode, until the network is up again.
    I've actually run out of memory on the CC6400 controllers, where my B++ programs cannot run completely within the Cycle time of the CPU.
    I found this to be severe limitation and had to break the program up with different priorities and tasks to be able to achieve the outcome I needed.
    Unfortunately the algorithms weren't able to do what I needed (would have been so much easier).