Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    No show I promise. I'll keep quiet.

Toptek you need to educate yourself. Goodman has come a very long way in the last few years. They have an excellant variable speed furnace all the way to 96% they also have a 16 SEER single speed unit to 4-tons.

Not they do not have anything to compete with the Evolution/Infinity equipment but not every one needs them.

I promise you I can install a lowly Goodman system and you can install your top of the line Lennox and mine will work better and last longer.

BTW I have sold Lennox and most other brands I do not sell Goodman except under very limited corcumstance and Braynt is my lead brand. But regardless it still comes down to quality of the install and the design and preperation.

In the OP's area there may very well be an outstanding Goodman dealer and the local Lennox or Carrier dealer may be pure hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    It means that I am sitting back watching the show thats about to start.
    Hilarious. When this sort of stuff starts up on my forum, I post a picture of a bag of popcorn...

Quote Originally Posted by toptek View Post
    Whats with the popcorn Mr.Bill
    just getting ready to watch some fireworks
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Toptek you need to educate yourself. Goodman has come a very long way in the last few years. They have an excellant variable speed furnace all the way to 96% they also have a 16 SEER single speed unit to 4-tons.

Not they do not have anything to compete with the Evolution/Infinity equipment but not every one needs them.

I promise you I can install a lowly Goodman system and you can install your top of the line Lennox and mine will work better and last longer.

BTW I have sold Lennox and most other brands I do not sell Goodman except under very limited corcumstance and Braynt is my lead brand. But regardless it still comes down to quality of the install and the design and preperation.

In the OP's area there may very well be an outstanding Goodman dealer and the local Lennox or Carrier dealer may be pure hacks.
    True. The install and charging means every thing. But if you have the money why not go with a more trusted name. I do not feel goodman is there yet. Just my opinion! And I feel if you offer a Higher end air handler with a variable speed motor at least change the cabinet where the screws arent stripped from factory.

Here we go again toptek! You were pissin and moanin about Goodman on the coil thread a few days ago and by the time everyone got done with you, you were kissin butt. Now your starting on the Goodman trashing again! This thread had nothing to do with Goodman, so why are you trying to start another mess?

Hooooooodeeeeeeeeehooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by geodude; 02-08-2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: the funny little man never showed up!
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by sammy37 View Post
    Here we go again toptek! You were pissin and moanin about Goodman on the coil thread a few days ago and by the time everyone got done with you, you were kissin butt. Now your starting on the Goodman trashing again! This thread had nothing to do with Goodman, so why are you trying to start another mess?
    Because I'm not backing down on not only what I feel but what I know. People keep saying goodman and I know alot of customers and really good techs that say NO go man. I do not support cost over quality, in any topic. Some one said get a goodman. Thats not a good choice if you have the funds for a quality system. NOT a higher quality system, but quality to begin with. I know what I know. Nobody is going to chance what I see in the field. So I feel like I feel!

Quote Originally Posted by toptek View Post
    Because I'm not backing down on not only what I feel but what I know. People keep saying goodman and I know alot of customers and really good techs that say NO go man. I do not support cost over quality, in any topic. Some one said get a goodman. Thats not a good choice if you have the funds for a quality system. NOT a higher quality system, but quality to begin with. I know what I know. Nobody is going to chance what I see in the field. So I feel like I feel!
    DO you, you... feel like I do!? Trane baby!! Trane!!
    tripled my business.. in less then three years, less then 5% warranty call backs compared to the other two brands I was selling, Top dealer support and training, and the disributer in my area polices their dealers heavy. trane has been gooooood to me! Say what you want, Its all good!
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    So that puts you in Lake Fork.
    not far from there

We are on a strange level.

Quote Originally Posted by NRGwise View Post
    Your what I call a window shopper, no offense to you and your vision of what you want. But personally, As a salesman I have seen guys do what you do. They get 5-10 different estimates, and they get completely overloaded with information.
    The first salesmen out gives you information that you use to talk to the next guy u have out. Recycling information for each different dealer you have over. I see you have listed a long list of estimaters. Youve covered all your angles well.

Most salesmen can understand when this is happening to them. Some dont care and others will put you on the back burner. Financing is only given to qualified dealers that do quantity.

I have accepted credit card checks, but I dont accept actual cards
    P.s. dont finance unless you want to pay $10,000 for a $6000 system
    I would buy a goodman, if it were my house. Get the extended labor warranty, add it with the free 10 year parts warranty. Maintain the furnace yearly and run clean filters.
    anything will run like junk if you neglect it
    they are no longer "junk"atrol its now Goodman

I am ready to buy now. My wife was ready to buy two weeks ago. We just need for somebody to come sell us something.

Before I spend several thousand dollars on anything, I am going to do my homework and make sure that I get what I need. That's why I came to this site in the first place. The common theme on this forum is that load calc is the industry accepted bare minimum these days. If that is the case, then that is what I expect.

So far, I've had one dealer that even pretended to do the load calc. I called that dealer becaue he was an AS dealer and a friend recommended him. I told him I was interested in higher end systems. He quoted me prices on higher end Goodman stuff. His Goodman prices are the highest quotes I've received. Sorry, but that doesn't sound like such a great deal to me.

Every other dealer has fallen short of the industry accepted minimum standard (load calc), at least according to everything I've read on this site. How am I supposed to react to that?

If I am going to spend several thousand dollars, I would expect the salesman to at least answer my questions and address my concerns. If they are not interested in doing that, then please just tell me up front so that neither of us will waste our time.

What would you do if you were me, just buy from the first guy that shows up on my doorstep?

Again, I am ready to buy something. I want to get this over with. I just need for somebody to make an honest attempt to sell me something.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast