Question carrier infinity 21 SEER ?????

hi guys, I was talking with a carrier representative and is telling me that with
    FE air handle
    24ANA1
    Infinity controler
    you can get up to 21 SEER

1. is that true
    2. how they calculate this
    3. is that with best case scenario

thanks

It is true for certain equipment matches. It depends on the outdoor and indoor unit model. If you are interested in this unit, have a dealer figure the load on your house and determine the size unit needed and then they can give you the ratings on that size and best indoor unit match up.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonynkus View Post
    hi guys, I was talking with a carrier representative and is telling me that with
    FE air handle
    24ANA1
    Infinity controler
    you can get up to 21 SEER

1. is that true
    2. how they calculate this
    3. is that with best case scenario

thanks
    1. No. They lie.

2. Your cooling costs are based on EER and not SEER. With a variable speed air handler motor, SEER is based on EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) from 67F to 102F in 5 degree increments. The lowest 3 temps make up 66% of the value of the SEER calc. The highest 3 temps make up only 7.4% of the value of the SEER calc. Just because a system has high SEER does not mean it is cheaper to run. For more info, the spec is Standard 210/240, Performance Rating of Unitary Air Conditioning and Air-Source Heat Pump equipment. The calc for the v-s motors is on pages 82 to 86.

3. The 21 SEER is probably for 1 model out of all they offer.

Post the complete model numbers of both the condenser and air handler.

I did a quick look. There are 567 matches for a Carrier 21 SEER Puron a/c system, 24ANA*****. Most look to be 19.5 SEER, 14.2 EER. Some lower ratings were 18.5 SEER, 13.5 EER.

The 14.2 EER is very impressive.

Take care.

The best SEER rating for the 24ANA1, according to the Carrier's product data is, in fact, 21 with 15 EER for the 2 ton unit using the FE5 air handler. Each larger outdoor unit is a little less SEER with the 5 ton coming in at 16 SEER/12.2 EER (using the FE4 - 006 air handler).

So what?

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    I did a quick look. There are 567 matches for a Carrier 21 SEER Puron a/c system, 24ANA*****. Most look to be 19.5 SEER, 14.2 EER. Some lower ratings were 18.5 SEER, 13.5 EER.

The 14.2 EER is very impressive.

Take care.
    if you think that is impressive look at geothermal. My Envision is 30EER low and 20EER on high. I usually get hight numbers than that as I have a kick a$$ ground loop.