+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BergerMechRob

Post Likes

BergerMechRob

Word on the street is the "Dark Side" laid 90% of there people off today, and everyone that Jumped ship, wants to come back. And that guy from MSI never called me back, he didn't seem very interested anyways.

Post Likes
    I'm sorry if you got that impression when you spoke to whoever it was you spoke to. I can say with an almost complete certainty that it probably had more to do with the current situation in the office than it did with you, personally. We're pretty busy right now, and most everyone is burning the candle at both ends. Don't take that as any measure of how their employees are treated. You're an asset, instead of a liability.

The words I'm hearing are that the both of the B brothers have been coming on very hard times, and some are getting pushed right out of the market by some other organizations that don't agree with the way they do business.

Which of the B's do you work for again? D or S?

Post Likes
    I'll give em' a try in another couple weeks or so. I work for the "D". Were supposed to have our biggest year yet, according to them. We had a big meeting on it last week, when they were tellin us to ignore the union pickets at the shop:0)

Post Likes
    Did someone really get fired over there when management found out they had cancer? If that's true, that's pretty @#$%in' rotten.

Post Likes
    oh yes, its true! There currently duking it out in court, so ive heard. im ready to jump ship myself lol.

Post Likes
    I remember Massey Metals went through this years ago. a union guy got hired then told the guy who hired him he would be setting up a union on his lunch hour and break times. the guy fired him as the Union was hoping, then promptly sued them in Federal court. they were trying to tie up Massey over a down town high rise bid at the time. it worked even thou Massey won the case years later, it cost them big time in cash for the lawyers. I am not sure they are even in buss. anymore.

The guy that does this for the Union had to move to a gated community, still lives in the Palms. after the company votes union they shut the company down and everybody loses there jobs.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Post Likes
    I think Massey is still in business, I see their trucks every once in blue moon. Their nickname around here is "Messy Metals"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    I think Massey is still in business, I see their trucks every once in blue moon. Their nickname around here is "Messy Metals"
    I see them every now and then while driving. But they have scaled down completely is the word on the Tom Tom drums.
    You want me to do what, with that thing!!!!!!

Post Likes
    lol messy metals. Yeah, there still around, One of the guys in my app class works there. On the union deal, I dont know whats going on, But theyve been pickiting the shop, passin flyer's around our job sites, and I guess they had a big formans meeting on it yesterday, we shall see.
    Last edited by FLcowby21; 02-14-2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Cant type worth a poop :p

Post Likes
    Usually the Union will call for a vote, Foreman's and other management types are not allowed to vote or bad mouth the union.(that is probably what the Foreman meeting is about, LET THEM KNOW WHAT NOT TO SAY, that way the company can not be sued) If the vote goes union they go to the owners, then the owners IN TIME shut the doors and reopen in a year or so.

I have seen it twice in my career so far. one was Astron Mechanical back in the 80's, and Southern Equipment had it done to them in the late 90's. Southern won there case because the union used day labor's in the vote.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in