Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    open up books and restudy

No comment huh

Oem

OEM,

I believe, it was a OEM tactic!!

Others answered the call!!

Hmm

He guys thanx for the replies, even though some of you scarced the s**t out of me with your horror stories. Its been written in stone 460V 1ph motor SUCK! The fact that LENNOX uses this type of motor is no suprise to me, bad condenser motors is like the tenth thing thats wrong with a LENNOX. (yeah I said it!)Any how we got a big delivery today about ten of those motors its required by circuit city to keep a good stock.

thanx again guys!
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by AcDOCnTRAINIG View Post
    Its been written in stone 460V 1ph motor SUCK!

na, imo they dont fail any quicker than a 230 volt motor

and if for some reason they do, its a win win, (more service work) hooo-deee-hooo

itleast you cant damage them by loosing a leg of power (like you could a 3 phase motor)!

Thumbs up

na, imo they dont fail any quicker than a 230 volt motor

and if for some reason they do, its a win win, (more service work) hooo-deee-hooo

itleast you cant damage them by loosing a leg of power (like you could a 3 phase motor)!

You got a way greater chance of losing a 1ph motor cause a bad run cap, than losing a leg & having a 3ph fail. The price on one is 6x than a normal motor.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

You got a way greater chance of losing a 1ph motor cause a bad run cap, than losing a leg & having a 3ph fail. The price on one is 6x than a normal motor.

which motor are you saying is six times more

A. the 460 volt single phase motor
    B. the 460 volt three phase motor
    C. the 230 volt three phase motor
    D. the 230 volt single phase motor

maybe twice as much difference in the 460 volt compared to the 230 volt motor

but if someone is charging you six times as much, i would conclude you are getting gouged!

which motor are you saying is six times more

A. the 460 volt single phase motor
    B. the 460 volt three phase motor
    C. the 230 volt three phase motor
    D. the 230 volt single phase motor

maybe twice as much difference in the 460 volt compared to the 230 volt motor

but if someone is charging you six times as much, i would conclude you are getting gouged!

A 460V 1hp single phase motor from Lennox is way more money than a 1hp 208/230v single phase

A 460V 1hp single phase motor from Lennox is way more money than a 1hp 208/230v single phase
    Its about double...There is no reason to put a 3 phase OFM on a unit thats 1hp or less...Total overkill...I change 460v single phase motors all the time on trane voyagers, carrier 50hq, ICP PoS's...In 10 years I haven't noticed any more 460v single phase going bad then 208/230...

BTW If a run cap goes bad and the motors internal winding thermostat opens it will "usually" close again...So run caps going bad don't necessarily equate to fried motor...
    "If history repeats itself I am so getting a dinosaur"

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Hrdworkingacguy View Post
    Its about double...There is no reason to put a 3 phase OFM on a unit thats 1hp or less...Total overkill...I change 460v single phase motors all the time on trane voyagers, carrier 50hq, ICP PoS's...In 10 years I haven't noticed any more 460v single phase going bad then 208/230...

BTW If a run cap goes bad and the motors internal winding thermostat opens it will "usually" close again...So run caps going bad don't necessarily equate to fried motor...

always remember on aaon, lennox, and trane, to go back with factory motors. anything less will NOT last. it be intentional but its truth

Quote Originally Posted by defaultech View Post
    always remember on aaon, lennox, and trane, to go back with factory motors. anything less will NOT last. it be intentional but its truth

not a very smart first post!

not a very smart first post!

Why not in his opinion OEM motors are better, I don't see why thats not smart

Why not in his opinion OEM motors are better, I don't see why thats not smart

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast