+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 460V 1PH condenser fan motor ????

Post Likes

Thumbs up 460V 1PH condenser fan motor ????

Today we got a call from the local circuit city, they had one system tripping on high head pressure (they can monitor/diagnose this from there head quaters) My tech pulls out the burned condenser fan motor condenser fan motor is a 460V single phase motor. Is there anything out there like this after market or do I have to contact Lennox? I really would not want to go threw Lennox unless its absolutly neccesary to do so? Thanx guys
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AcDOCnTRAINIG View Post
    Today we got a call from the local circuit city, they had one system tripping on high head pressure (they can monitor/diagnose this from there head quaters) My tech pulls out the burned condenser fan motor condenser fan motor is a 460V single phase motor. Is there anything out there like this after market or do I have to contact Lennox? I really would not want to go threw Lennox unless its absolutly neccesary to do so? Thanx guys
    I think graingers might have some you can order If I remember correctly.

Post Likes
    most suppliers in Arizona(not that you are in Arizona) carry 460v single phase motors...they are fairly common...
    "If history repeats itself I am so getting a dinosaur"

Post Likes
    1 hp not 1ph...has to be 3 ph

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rambonole View Post
    1 hp not 1ph...has to be 3 ph
    wrong answer He does mean single phase!

Post Likes
    I don't even bother trying to find an after market motor for Lennox anymore. I tell the customer that it's OEM only and to expect to pay big $$ for it. Too many times I've matched up an aftermarket motor that would overheat, over amp, whatever. Easier to just suck it up and pay the $$. Tell the customer not to buy Lennox equipment next time.

PS...I wouldn't even wish a Lennox on my ex-wife.
    Leadership...the ability to move forward even when you've burned your foot.

Post Likes
    yah just what hvaccolo said.

Post Likes
    I believe Circuit City buys there equipment (Lennox) on a national basis...to suggest they buy different is going to be a lesson in futility.

Post Likes
    Yea I worked on a few 460v 3ph rooftop units with single phase condenser fan motors. If seen a few. I dont think it would be a problem for you to get one. Make sure u get the new cap for it too.
    Local 638

Currently

Post Likes
    Anything less then 1 horsepower is generally going to be single phase I would imagine...that small of a three phase motor is a waste, unless its dual-voltage...
    "If history repeats itself I am so getting a dinosaur"

Post Likes

Rain Shield

Carrier and Trane both have a 1ph 460 volt motor. I have replaced that same Lennox motor.

Yes, make sure you replace the capacitor and also the Rain Shield, if it has one existing!

Some of these motors have a certain frame size that will indicate shaft size!

Some have 1/2" shaft some have 5/8" shaft.

Johnstone Supply is pretty good with OEM replacements. They can UPS, if you pay by credit card, should you not have a account. http://www.johnstonesupply.com/corp/Default.aspx

AO Smith used to make a motor that included a rain shield, that was very dependable and versatile, with a 5/8" shaft, but you had to remove the electrical pecker head on some installs.
    Dealing with Global Warming

Post Likes

Thumbs up Lennox It Is! S**t

Thanx guys I went with Lennox I had no choice the rain shield was damanged on the old motor & the modem on another unit went bad so I had no choice Lennox it was, you guys were not kidding it was VERY EXPENSIVE PARTS NOT $000.00 expensive I mean $0000.00 our cost. We ordered an extra motor to keep here in the shop,but they are gonna sign a maintance agreement for three local stores so its all GRAVY
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Post Likes

AO Smith FC1106

Glad to here about your success!

Here is a link to the AO Smith Motor I like to stock as it can fit quite a bit of applications.
    http://www.emotorpro.com/index.asp?P...OD&ProdID=3228

They also offer a 1/2" shaft version, but I think the horsepower drops to 3/4 HP, if I remember correctly. They also have a 1.5 HP that will drop in most larger Trane Voyagers, that have the 1 Ph 460Volt. You will notice the AO Smith can be used in 208/230 or 460V applications. You have the option to wire it per your application. I like the attached rain shield.

I know the OEM motors sometimes are very pricey and some seem to fail way to soon for the price!
    Dealing with Global Warming

Post Likes
    LOL, one post and he tripped on his bone, we have a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiller32 View Post
    wrong answer He does mean single phase!
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    If it's a 25 ton or less like and LGA it is a 1/3 hp. We use a Marathon #441-3460X457. I believe ours come from Johnstone ..Got a few in the van so I took the # off the box.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    LOL, one post and he tripped on his bone, we have a winner.
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    If it's a 25 ton or less like and LGA it is a 1/3 hp. We use a Marathon #441-3460X457. I believe ours come from Johnstone ..Got a few in the van so I took the # off the box.

25th ID

Post Likes
    we usually use a local motor company.
    single phase 460 volt 1 hp any rooftop guy has changed thousands of them.

I changed 32 at one account.

find a local armature ,or look under electric motor shop!

you can save alot!!!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    if you mean 25th Infantry, your correct.2/27th wolfhounds to be exact
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    I was in the 24th id our unit patch kinda looks alike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in