Angry UEI 155 Infra red temp gun

Stay away from it. I have gone through 3 of them in 3 weeks. Accurate as my thermister t-mometer when it works. I just keep taking it back to the parts house where I bought it from and trading it in.I own other UEI products and am happy with them but there laser thermometers SUCK! Let me know if anyone else has had this problem

I have been using one from Harbor Freight Tools for the last 18 months.......and it was only $39 !!!!! I haven't tested it for accuracy, but it serves it's purpose for me.

infrared

I too have a cheap one from harbour freight....has worked well for me. I tested it against a friends expensive one for accuracy, there was a 1 or 1.5 degree difference between the two. I assume for $200 his was more accurate.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kentucky hillbilly View Post
    Stay away from it. I have gone through 3 of them in 3 weeks. Accurate as my thermister t-mometer when it works. I just keep taking it back to the parts house where I bought it from and trading it in.I own other UEI products and am happy with them but there laser thermometers SUCK! Let me know if anyone else has had this problem
    Don't tell "Dice", he loves UEI products
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.