txv external equilizer (Lintern)

Hope someone can help me,

I found a leak on a txv external equilizer today (Lintern Unit), This equilizer is
    a hose type 3/8 hose w 1/4 fitting. Anyway the 1/4 fitting has a crack and is leaking.A factory replacement part is not available for awhile and I was thinking of using a short refrigerant hose off of my gauge set until I get the factory part however it is about 4 inches longer then the existing equilizer.

So I guess my question is can u lengthen the txz's equilizer a few inches without causing poor txv operation?

Thanks in advance for all your help

i dont see why not... all the valve needs is the pressure from the outlet of the evap... i have not see this done with a hose... why not pipe it in with some copper and move away from the potential leaks?

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by chiller rob View Post
    i dont see why not... all the valve needs is the pressure from the outlet of the evap... i have not see this done with a hose... why not pipe it in with some copper and move away from the potential leaks?

good luck
    Agree. What about a SuperHose? One in my van all the time.

probably should pipe it in to avoid future leaks, except customer probably won't pay for it. About the superhose I am not sure what that is exactly?
    Sorry, I am still a little green
    Thanks for your help