Thread: Trane Dual Fuel system?

Post Likes

Trane Dual Fuel system?

I'm installing a Trane XV95 2 stage gas furnace with a Trane XR14 Heat Pump and I would like some suggestions on setup. I have the Trane XL8000 Tstat also an outdoor stat.Does the XL8000 have a fossil fuel function or do I need an external fossil fuel kit .

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Post Likes
    I know the 803 version of that stat does.

Where do you live? Not related to your question, I'm just curious about ponying up big bucks for the XV95, but not a higher end HP.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hardy26 View Post
    I'm installing a Trane XV95 2 stage gas furnace with a Trane XR14 Heat Pump and I would like some suggestions on setup. I have the Trane XL8000 Tstat also an outdoor stat.Does the XL8000 have a fossil fuel function or do I need an external fossil fuel kit .

Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Both the 802 and the 803 have dual fuel set up. Trane does recommend the TAYPLUS103 it will allow you to run in restricted or unrestricted. If you have not purchased the Tstat yet look at the IAQ it is a better choice.

Post Likes
    I could not find that part number in my Trane book(TAYPLUS103).Is that the outdoor tstat? As far as the IAQ I thought they were the same as the Trane verison.

I'm located in Pasadena MD.

Post Likes
    The Honeywell IAQ is a step above the Trane's 800's or the VisionPro t-stat.

The IAQ will allow you to do a TRUE two stage heating than going on a timer on the gas furnace, the other stats won't do two stage gas heat, you'll have to use a timer on the furnace, and also the IAQ can slow down the blower speed in cooling mode, where the 803 and TH8321 just over cools.

Also, the IAQ, you don't have to fish new wires up, it only uses 3 wires.

Post Likes
    Trane has a branded version of the IAQ thermostat available now too, in case you ware wanting your thermostat covered under a 10 year P&L warranty with the rest of the system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hardy26 View Post
    I could not find that part number in my Trane book(TAYPLUS103).Is that the outdoor tstat? As far as the IAQ I thought they were the same as the Trane verison.

I'm located in Pasadena MD.
    TAYPLUS103 is the relay package for the fossil fuel and the BAYSTAT 250 is the outdoor Tstat.

The Vision Pro and the 802/803 are the same. The 803 has a humidity sensor.

The vision Pro allows you to choose O/B for reversing valve and has a UV light timer.

Post Likes
    The Fossil Fuel kit is recommended but not required with the TCONT802/803 thermostats utilizing an outdoor sensor.

Considerations:
    You must run a seperate cable to the outdoor sensor to maintain accuracy of the thermistor.

The installer setup options must be configured properly for the sensor.

If you are interested in more details please contact the Field Service Representative at the Trane distributor in your area.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in