Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Opinions on AccuClean,if you can stomach it!

Im sure this has been hashed out a hundred times on here and I`ve even found some opinoins a ways back when I searched this but I`ll bring it up again since these units have been around for a while now.

I have dust allergies and I would like to put an end to(or at least help) them. I`ve built a new addition on my old house and I`ve rebuilt the rest of it, the new HVAC system is on of the few things I have left to do. I`ve purchased a new Trane TWE037E13FB air handler and a 3ton heat pump, I`ll be installing all new duct work..etc..etc. I havent started my install yet but I`ve done a little homework and I know that the Accuclean system is a direct fit on my air handler, I also know it is pricey but the main thing I want to know is does it REALLY help?

I`ve seen on here that a couple of you guy`s (the regulars) have used this in your own homes so with all the cleaning pains and recall issues aside, will I be happy with this unit?

If you guy`s (owners) think I would be just as happy with another filter system then I`ll put the savings on my ol Road Runner or one of my other project cars!

Thanks in advance-Tony

It is very good. It cleans your house by only ocasionally setting it on fire .

Do a search on CleanEffects....

Have you looked at the Infinity Air Purifier from Carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by dragger40 View Post

If you guy`s (owners) think I would be just as happy with another filter system then I`ll put the savings on my ol Road Runner or one of my other project cars!

Thanks in advance-Tony
    I think you would benefit from it(according to allergy suffering customers) But if I had a Road Runner, I would install a 5" perfect fit filter, and spend it on the car

You can always get the upgrade kit at a later date, 10 minute install at a later date.
    You can't fix stupid

I went to a Trane class the other day about their new communicating equipment they'll be coming out with. Basically an Infinity or Evolution system with a little less in some areas and a bit more in others. If these guys would work together on this stuff. We would really have some great stuff. During this class, they apologized for the clean effects fires, but did say that they remove a lot of the influenza virus from the air now and are the only cleaner certified by the EPA that does this. They also said that during the California fires, people left theirs on and their homes were much cleaner and required very little if any work to remove the smell of smoke from their homes. Whether it be true or not, I do not know. Just passing on what I heard. I do know that clean effects is pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by dragger40 View Post
    Im sure this has been hashed out a hundred times on here and I`ve even found some opinoins a ways back when I searched this but I`ll bring it up again since these units have been around for a while now.

I have dust allergies and I would like to put an end to(or at least help) them. I`ve built a new addition on my old house and I`ve rebuilt the rest of it, the new HVAC system is on of the few things I have left to do. I`ve purchased a new Trane TWE037E13FB air handler and a 3ton heat pump, I`ll be installing all new duct work..etc..etc. I havent started my install yet but I`ve done a little homework and I know that the Accuclean system is a direct fit on my air handler, I also know it is pricey but the main thing I want to know is does it REALLY help?

I`ve seen on here that a couple of you guy`s (the regulars) have used this in your own homes so with all the cleaning pains and recall issues aside, will I be happy with this unit?

Thanks in advance-Tony
    I have one in my own home. It works excellent. I live in the mountains and the pine dust/pollen is really bad here. No aircleaner will remove all dust.If maximum dust removal is your goal, try a 5" pleated mevr 13 air filter. If clean air ( cleansed) is your goal the clean effects will fit the bill. I sell the heck out of them and have had no problems, not one little fire or spark. We train people to not put the cells back in soaking wet.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    During this class, they apologized for the clean effects fires, but did say that they remove a lot of the influenza virus from the air now and are the only cleaner certified by the EPA that does this.
    I sure hope you herd them wrong at the seminar B. Its not like them to make a statement like that. The EPA does not certify or does it endorse any product or company on the market. We presented to them in October at the quarterly CIAQ meeting in DC on our research and applications in PCO and in a few weeks we will be present for the round table this month trying to put together some standards in IAQ and how to standardize testing of products.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    I think you would benefit from it(according to allergy suffering customers) But if I had a Road Runner, I would install a 5" perfect fit filter, and spend it on the car

You can always get the upgrade kit at a later date, 10 minute install at a later date.
    I would invest the money in the Road Runner.

Seal the ducts and use 5 inch media filter.

A non HVAC IAQ home improvement?

Have a carpet free house.

Seriously. That stuff is a dirt, dust, and allergen magnet. I now live in a carpet-free house, and if we don't sweep the floors at least weekly, the dirt visibly accumulates. I could only imagine how much of that goes into a carpet and never gets out, even with good housekeeping, only to sit there and release micron sized particles (the carpet fibers themselves do this constantly).

Between no carpets and no pets, the house I'm in now accumulates dust more slowly than I've seen in carpet filled homes I've lived in.

I vote for putting your money on the Road Runner. You will probably have as much success with that on helping with your allergies to dust as a new Accuclean or CleanEffects system. Here's why:

The major allergenic component in dust is dust mite allergen. This is either the dust mite feces (yuch) or dust mite body parts. In microscopic terms these particles are pretty large - generally 10 microns and above. Therefore, they settle out the air quickly (less than 10 minutes). The chances of picking up very many of them with an HVAC system are pretty slim. Add to this the major reservoirs for dust mites are mattresses, pillows, upholstered furniture and carpeting and you have another problem. Put your head on your dust mite allergen infested pillow and you get all the allergen exposure you need to have a reaction.

My advice - buy some dust mite proof encasements for your mattress and pillow. Wash your linens in hot water. Use your money you saved to go to a Swap Meet to buy a new part for that Road Runner.

P.S. - A 4" MERV 11 media filter will work just fine in your HVAC system.

Lennox Pure Air or Lennox Healthy Climate 16. Healthy Climate 16 was recently rated #1 by Consumer Reports. 95% effective to .03 microns. Does not emit ozone like the Accuclean and Clean Effects do. Ozone is lung irritant

I like the clean effects myself and so have my customers. One nice thing about them is you don't have to spend $$$ to replace the filter every year. The 4-5" media filters can get a bit pricey to replace every year, at least around here they are.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast