the tracker problem

i recently took up an account the existing tennant was compusa and they have the older tracker panel, the problem i'm having is that i cannot crack password when i have the labtop hooked to the rs232 connection, is there some defualt password that will let me in? or can i reset the panel to factory settings?

what tracker model are u dealing with..i have the trane tracker 12 manual sitting in front of me..maybe you can use the same default...let me know and ill look it up

its the software version 6.0

is it 1111?
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

well i'll try it out, but is there a way to clear the panel? (password).....thanks

try 9006 for some reason that number sticks in my mind.

yeah i believe its 1111 as well or something really crazy like that

Below is information from the manual for v6.0 on the RS-232 security. I did not see a default password or a way to reset it. You could try contacting your local Trane Rep, they may know of a backdoor. I would only do a full reset to factory settings as a last resort as you will need to reprogram the panel.

Just some suggestions ... try 0000, the bldg number in the street address, the old store number for CompUSA, parts of the old CompUSA phone number. Try looking on the panel, be suprised where someone may have written it down.

RS232 password (default 0)

Specify the logon password for RS-232 communications with the Tracker. Valid entries are numbers from 1 to 32,767. An entry of 0 disables security for RS-232 and modem port communications.

When RS-232 security is disabled (password set to 0), all operators can view and edit any RS-232 screen. When RS-232 security is enabled, (password edited to a number from 1 to 32,767), the password is required to view status and edit any RS-232 screen.

Note: RS-232 security does not follow the Level 0, Level 1 structure found in front panel security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"