View Poll Results: on the new CAP, with 2 terminal which terminal is positive and negative side?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

Help need to install new condenser motor

I have a bryant condenser fan, motor went bad. I got a new one but it is a 4 wire. It has brown, brown with white stripe, black and white wire. The OEM motor has 3 wire which is black, brown, yellow and the capacitor has 3 terminal on, but the new one that came with the motor has only 2 terminal. Can anyone help me wire it up.

Can't give DIY help.

You need to call a company to come out for you. The will most likely will not install a motor that you supplied.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Quote Originally Posted by AznR3DnecK View Post
    I have a bryant condenser fan, motor went bad. I got a new one but it is a 4 wire. It has brown, brown with white stripe, black and white wire. The OEM motor has 3 wire which is black, brown, yellow and the capacitor has 3 terminal on, but the new one that came with the motor has only 2 terminal. Can anyone help me wire it up.
    no help for DIY site rule

Yep.

Thread closed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

The cap for the new motor is a single cap for that motor only. The old cap is a dual cap which is for both the old motor and the compressor. So if you have the new one you purchased installed, you will have 2 seperate caps (old and new) instead of single dual cap as it was, the old one still being connected to the compressor. (Does that make sense?!?!) For new motor installation the new cap should be used.