Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm putting in a new spa close by and I'm tempted to tap off the 50amp
    AC circuit. It would be very convenient for me to do.

Its this phrase that gets us concerned. It implies you are DIY.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thumbs down No!

Life,Family,property,your life long belongings it can all be lost over $aving a dollar HIRE A LICENSED PROFESIONAL & read the warning below
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Thumbs down

This reminds me of when people ask if they can just plug thier generator into the dryer outlet instead of putting in a transfer switch.
    You said you were going to get a electrician and for you and your families sake I hope you do. They will know what to do and would never even look at that AC disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by stvc View Post
    This reminds me of when people ask if they can just plug thier generator into the dryer outlet instead of putting in a transfer switch.
    You have no idea how many people lost generator in florida cause of that during they storms
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

well a lot of the cost depends on how they have to run the conduit or power wiring to the tub and if you have the room on your electrical panel for the extra breaker. Best case senario around $200--worst case $5-600? Best way would be to come directly out of the house and trench it to the tub location. You might be able to save money by doing the trenching yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Yes, you would have problems.

They both MUST have their own dedicated circuits.

Hope your not doing the electric for the spa yourself. Their are very specfic codes for spa's to keep you from being electricuted when your in it.

Since you asked this question, I know you know nothing about how to wire up the spa so you don't kill yourself or anybody else.

I think that this thREAD is an perfect illustration for the well known phase ...
    --- DYIer ... DEAD in the Water !
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12