Anybody use portable credit card machines?

The kind your techs can carry on their vans and swipe the customers card on the spot? Where can I get em?

omg -- of course

I'm a business owner -- of course

Google it.

I haven't looked at these in a while...passed last time because of the (1) cost of the equipment, (2) higher % charged for mobile processing, (3) was told by Nextel rep (they were an accessory to the phone) that the units were being phased out.

We are looking for new company software also. Would be fantastic to have something that ties into the software...and handles mobile dispatching...and always the techs to use GPS navigation...and cleans the bathroom floors...
    Eager to learn, willing to teach, reluctant to admit defeat.

It seems the portable machines here aren't as reliable as they should be signal wise, with the communication link breaking off. We prefer to use telephone authorization, and use Global Payments, Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by freezeman View Post
    The kind your techs can carry on their vans and swipe the customers card on the spot? Where can I get em?
    we have the internet thingy with telephone authorization, seems to work real well I get a signature and they call it in and it is paid before I get back to the shop
    Love makes the world go around but cash pays the bills

Twilli once used an atm card he found with the code on the back of it and got 50 bucks. Twilli runs them through the next day or will sometime call thm into the office and let the office manager run them through.

We get a very few bad ones...so the expense hasn't been justified in Twilli's opinion
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast