Fridgedaire vs Gibson

Are the the same or is one better than the other?

Thanks.

the same.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Basically the same they are both made by nordyne. Although I would pick Fridgedaire over gibson but it is the same furnace. Check out this web site maybe it will help you a little. www.nordyne.com

Furnaces, basically the same with shorter warranties. Frigidaire gets blower compartment insulation which Gibson does not.

In the outdoor unit line, Gibson is a basic unit, all 100% Copeland scroll - similar to the E line from Frigidaire. The deluxe F line has things like heavy duty top grille, swept wing fan blade, plastic base pan, longer warranty & replacement quality pledge. Definitely a nicer unit.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    The deluxe F line has things like heavy duty top grille, swept wing fan blade, plastic base pan, longer warranty & replacement quality pledge. Definitely a nicer unit.
    If your getting A/C, and noise of the outdoor unit is a concern, get the F line condenser (the one with a 10 year warranty) they practically silent.

F line or Westinghouse

Or better yet, scrap the decision and go American Standard

The same. Fridgedaire has a better warranty.
    Why would anyone name their furnace Frigid-air?
    never say never

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    In the outdoor unit line, Gibson is a basic unit, all 100% Copeland scroll - similar to the E line from Frigidaire. The deluxe F line has things like heavy duty top grille, swept wing fan blade, plastic base pan, longer warranty & replacement quality pledge. Definitely a nicer unit.

The Frigidaire "condenser" is an awesome line and probably the quietest unit I have ever heard, or tried to hear I really wished sometimes I wasn't so deeply involved into RUUD because man the Nordyne line has some really great equipment, and also from what I have heard some goody's in the near future. I have sold a few Frigidaire and Maytag condensers and just get awesome feedback on the condensers and the benny's they give there dealers are fantastic, from uniforms to pens to signs to web sites heck you name it, you can bet "IF" I ever were to change lines I would be knocking on Nordyne's door the next day.

Good for you...

Dear Mr. Bill,

I'm glad Nordyne works for you. All of the 13 SEER AC's and parts did very well. The heat pump side was a total failure for my company, especially the 16 SEER HP systems, of which I did enough to get a plaque from the distributor. The technical guys at Nordyne are top notch. But I know they have had manufacturing problems, but others have, too. It just got, for me, too unprofitable to go with them. I put in Ducane before Nordynce with little or no problems, and now I use American Standard with no problems. The in-between was Nordyne, and today I have to chenge the TXV on the HP Condenser on a system that has already had 3 Evaporator Coil changes per technical support. Here's the rub: today's cost labor $ 120, materials/OH $ 100 or more, R410a replaced $ 210. I'm out $ 530 less the small part ($120 or so) my distributor will try and get for me, if they feel good that day). The customer shouldn't pay a dime for any of this; I know that's for sure! None of this is his fault. By the way, the exact same system is 2 feet away from the "problem" system with no problems at all. I put in 2 exact systems in the same house. I figure I lost about $ 10,000 or so with these type failures over the last year.

eee