Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh yea I think that red button is made by lennox. Thats funny .

Quote Originally Posted by mrlighturfire View Post
    Sorry dasgootch I am not commenting on this cause I know the truth and I will not say why they are asking why sears home improvement. I am a subcontractor for sears and I get pretty high ratings from their customers. Good thing about sears I can do my own thing also just not committed to sears alone. So I will let everyone else take a crack at it twili will say replace with coleman anyways. LOL.
    Make sure Coleman come with sleeping bag. Sorry.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Research the contrctor by asking for refferals to jobs that have like equipment. Call the customers if possible and ask them how there experiance was with the sub. Happy people don't lie.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    Research the contrctor by asking for refferals to jobs that have like equipment. Call the customers if possible and ask them how there experiance was with the sub. Happy people don't lie.
    Thats a good suggestion. You can never jump into a decision like replacing a system. Its a lot of money that is an investment, not an expense. So get referrals, research the subs, and base your decision accordingly. I'm not gonna say that Sears is bad....It all depends on the Sub really. I just wouldn't go straight to Sears. I would check with the locals first cause its probably cheaper and you may get a better price and have the work done by the same contractor as Sears would hire to do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    I think theres something wrong with your button....Is it made by Lennox?
    Hah! that answered the next question, Lennox? Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Thats a good suggestion. You can never jump into a decision like replacing a system. Its a lot of money that is an investment, not an expense. So get referrals, research the subs, and base your decision accordingly. I'm not gonna say that Sears is bad....It all depends on the Sub really. I just wouldn't go straight to Sears. I would check with the locals first cause its probably cheaper and you may get a better price and have the work done by the same contractor as Sears would hire to do the work.
    And if the system breaks down in , say, 5 years and the subs nowhere to be found? Will Carrier tell me it was installed wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    Make sure Coleman come with sleeping bag. Sorry.
    I cannot forget about my coleman lantern. Sorry twilli everytime I see the word coleman I think of camping no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlighturfire View Post
    I cannot forget about my coleman lantern. Sorry twilli everytime I see the word coleman I think of camping no offense.
    SAme with Lennox and Linux. PC or AC ?

yep your right

And about the questions, is is not cost worthy to update to a higher seer rating? The plan is to be in that house for the next 25 years. The quote may come in at 16-18k

Quote Originally Posted by DasGootch View Post
    And if the system breaks down in , say, 5 years and the subs nowhere to be found? Will Carrier tell me it was installed wrong?
    No, Carrier will not tell you its installed wrong. That why we are suggesting you find a good, reliable contractor yourself. No just hope Sears will get you a good one.

And systems break. It doesn't matter what brand or who installed it. It is a mechanical piece of gear that is manmade.

Get the extended warranty. That will keep you covered. Make sure you understand what the contractor is going to do and ask questions when confused.

And I have nothing against Lennox. They make decent systems, I just don't like working on them.

Look at all your options and decide from there. You will get bias opinions on here. Go with your gut. And if you want more info, come to us here. We can always provide advice but can't make the decision for you.

And about the questions, is is not cost worthy to update to a higher seer rating? The plan is to be in that house for the next 25 years. The quote may come in at XX to XX$$k
    ...............The quote may come in at XX to XX$$k sorry.

And about the questions, is is not cost worthy to update to a higher seer rating? The plan is to be in that house for the next 25 years. The quote may come in at 16-18k
    I don't know about your location but here, the average lifespan of a unit is about 12 years. So find out the average life, and that should help you decide from there.

Energy Efficiency is good but only if installed properly. The higher the SEER, the more energy efficient (properly installed). The higher the SEER, the higher the cost. Weigh all your options.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast