Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DasGootch View Post
    And if the system breaks down in , say, 5 years and the subs nowhere to be found? Will Carrier tell me it was installed wrong?

The truth is you need to ask friends, relative and even co-workers if they have a company they have used and feel comfortable with. Then check with the bbb and any other source you have in your area.
    And remember this, the cheapest equipment properly installed is much better than the highest priced equipment incorrectly installed.
    The key to success is finding a company that stands behind their work and strives towards customer satisfaction.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    The truth is you need to ask friends, relative and even co-workers if they have a company they have used and feel comfortable with. Then check with the bbb and any other source you have in your area.
    And remember this, the cheapest equipment properly installed is much better than the highest priced equipment incorrectly installed.
    The key to success is finding a company that stands behind their work and strives towards customer satisfaction.
    nicely put.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Energy Efficiency is good but only if installed properly. The higher the SEER, the more energy efficient (properly installed). The higher the SEER, the higher the cost. Weigh all your options.
    Personally I would not even concern myself with SEER only EER figure your EER and then after you stop crying go from there is what Dr. Bill prescribes.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Personally I would not even concern myself with SEER only EER figure your EER and then after you stop crying go from there is what Dr. Bill prescribes.
    So its Dr. Bill, huh? Well Dr. Bill, I need you to fix your Lennox Red Button. It still isn't working. And I'm fairly sure its not the operator.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    So its Dr. Bill, huh? Well Dr. Bill, I need you to fix your Lennox Red Button. It still isn't working. And I'm fairly sure its not the operator.
    Man I give all my Lemmox calls to my competitors so I can't fix the button.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Man I give all my Lemmox calls to my competitors so I can't fix the button.
    Thats a good way to put your competitors out of business. Go Dave.

Are you actually thing of replacing your " Lets say you have these systems" ?
    You say you want Sears to replace them, then you say you don't.
    Your guessing at their SEER rating and want to compare a known value.

You want to replace working equipment and save money over 25 yrs.
    You know what the bid " might" be.

You " might" save some money on operating costs depending on how your system is installed.
    Sears won't install it BTW.
    never say never

Quote Originally Posted by contactor View Post
    Are you actually thing of replacing your " Lets say you have these systems" ?
    You say you want Sears to replace them, then you say you don't.
    Your guessing at their SEER rating and want to compare a known value.

You want to replace working equipment and save money over 25 yrs.
    You know what the bid " might" be.

You " might" save some money on operating costs depending on how your system is installed.
    Sears won't install it BTW.
    Well, there's variable speed "infinity system" with Electronic Air Cleaner, some fancy scroll compressor? , R410, yadda yaddda. or there's a 2 stage furnace and (I think) 2 stage or 2 speed coil or compressor. ?
    one is 18 SEER the other I think was 16 SEER. All quotes from Sears.

I see. Your just overwhelmed a bit.
    Scroll compressors are very reliable and common with all manufacturers. As is 410-A. 2 stage and variable speed units come at a higher price tag as well and have benefits as well as drawbacks. So does higher SEER ratings.
    I would suggest you get some more bids from local shops with a high report and visit this site and talk to locals on what your needs and expectations are. A high efficiency unit is good, but will cost you more up front and MAY have more problems in the future. ( Just my 2 cents on complicated vs simpler systems ).
    Any system you install is only as good as the installing company. Pick the best company 1st, then the type of system you would like.
    never say never

If it ain't broke.....

I'm sorry mabe I'm just cheap. If someone wants me to change out a working unit, sure I'll do it, no problem. But in my own home I would not take out a good running unit, that's me. I understand your thinking in terms of this unit is x years old and if I get a new one it would be x more efficent. I think in terms of if I get x more years out of this unit, when I do have to replace it the newer units will be even better. I'd wait.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpSteady View Post
    I'm sorry mabe I'm just cheap. If someone wants me to change out a working unit, sure I'll do it, no problem. But in my own home I would not take out a good running unit, that's me. I understand your thinking in terms of this unit is x years old and if I get a new one it would be x more efficent. I think in terms of if I get x more years out of this unit, when I do have to replace it the newer units will be even better. I'd wait.
    True, but far, far more expensive.
    Thanks all you gear heads, I love this site

If your getting 2 Infinity systems for that upper price from Sears.( A 5 ton 2 stage, and a 3.5 ton single? )
    I'd be worried about the install. Sounds too cheap.

Do you want Sears to do it so you can put it on your Sears card?
    Call other contractors and get their quotes, many have same as cash financing available.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Mpa

Master protection agreement covers maintanance, parts, labor, and full replacement. Ask your rep about it.

John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123