mini split options and opinions

mini split options and opinions

Well, my remodel plans have expanded to include an out building for storage, a place for the dog when it is too cold/hot, maybe eventually a mother-in-law suite. We are thinking maybe 25' x 14', (350 sq ft.), slab on grade, well insulated, hot/humid climate. Probably one large room with a small shower/toilet room as well. We have a lot of mini splits at work, and a city multi as well, and these things work nice! All Mitsubishi at this time. I know a few brand names but the only one I am familiar with is the Mitsubishi. How would you all rate the brands- say from value, to mid quality, to high end? And if anyone thinks there is a less expensive option than a mini split let me know.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    In our area,Fujitsu or LG are a lot less,Fujitsu has been very depndable for several years now,LG we only installed a couple

Any more comments out there?
    I reckon I shouldn't have posted this during the super bowl. : )

there pretty much all the same in my eyes. The way they are installed and started up plays a lot in the way they will work for you. most of these units are now 410a so make you you find someone that knows what they are doing.

A mini-split would be your best option. We have used Samsung/Quietside for years without too many problems. I would suggest getting a 2 ton or larger, for some reasons the 1 tons don't hold up too well. The compressors seem weak.