Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Maybe I missed it, I just went and skimmed the entire thread again; but did anyone suggest simply slowing the blower motor?

Did you notice that this air handler blows stronger than the old one when it was first started up? The blower appears adjustable, yes? By slowing the airflow you allow more contact between the cold coil and the humidity flowing across it. You might even experiment by blocking off part of the return and reducing the airflow with what ever measurement devices you have in place and see if the delta increases across the coil and humidity decreases. It will be noisy and not a permanent fix, but it might yield some insight.

Something basic is very wrong here. With where you are taking measurements, you should do far batter than 9-10* delta across the coil, as Darrell notes.

I have to believe they would have manipulated the blower speed on a complaint of high humidity...but you never know and I didn't notice too much focus on it here?
    "...and pray it works, pray to God it works."

---Nick's Handyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGllepZY2HE

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Maybe I missed it, I just went and skimmed the entire thread again; but did anyone suggest simply slowing the blower motor?

Did you notice that this air handler blows stronger than the old one when it was first started up? The blower appears adjustable, yes? By slowing the airflow you allow more contact between the cold coil and the humidity flowing across it. You might even experiment by blocking off part of the return and reducing the airflow with what ever measurement devices you have in place and see if the delta increases across the coil and humidity decreases. It will be noisy and not a permanent fix, but it might yield some insight.

Something basic is very wrong here. With where you are taking measurements, you should do far batter than 9-10* delta across the coil, as Darrell notes.

I have to believe they would have manipulated the blower speed on a complaint of high humidity...but you never know and I didn't notice too much focus on it here?
    Thanks for the reply. The blower is definitely stronger than the old one and is adjustable. The unit is actually capable of running a dehumidification setting which lowers the temp of the coil and the blower speed. We tried this setting initially (prior to the stand alone dehumidifier) and found that it basically ran continuously on this cycle without a change in the RH. Keep in mind we had the unit set on the precise setting which would allow it to over cool the set-point by 2 degrees, so at the time it had the temp down to 68 degrees.We kept it on this setting for 24 hours. As far as the normal blower speed, they indicated they "reduced it as far as they could without creating the potential for other issues." What that speed is, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet437 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The blower is definitely stronger than the old one and is adjustable. The unit is actually capable of running a dehumidification setting which lowers the temp of the coil and the blower speed. We tried this setting initially (prior to the stand alone dehumidifier) and found that it basically ran continuously on this cycle without a change in the RH. Keep in mind we had the unit set on the precise setting which would allow it to over cool the set-point by 2 degrees, so at the time it had the temp down to 68 degrees.We kept it on this setting for 24 hours. As far as the normal blower speed, they indicated they "reduced it as far as they could without creating the potential for other issues." What that speed is, I'm not sure.
    I see. I'm also genuinely puzzled that you can have such a poor delta across the indoor coil, cool to 68 and yet have humidity issues with very little water going down the drain. Really sounds like it is dispersing condensate into the supply duct and throughout the home.

Pictures would be great if you could upload to a third party site like Photo Bucket and provide the link for us.
    "...and pray it works, pray to God it works."

---Nick's Handyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGllepZY2HE

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet437 View Post
    Will do, thanks. Is the best way to do that simply to measure the air being blown out of the exterior unit during a cycle?
    Just get the temperature of the air coming off the condenser, along with the outdoor temp & indoor humidity, could get indoor temp-drop too if want to.

At 50% RH indoors it should usually be 'around' 17F temp-rise.

I am thinking condensate is being blown off the indoor evaporator or the coil is not below the airflow dew point.
    The humidity going up when the unit is running is strange.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123