Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 29
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central, FL
    Posts
    871

    Exclamation Wow

    Quote Originally Posted by m-cooling View Post
    20 year old Tempstar eh?thats outstanding why wouldnt you go back with that brand?
    Thats like talking about UFO's people claim to have seen one,but there has never been real proof
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Grove, Wi-Sheboygan
    Posts
    1,582

    Update

    After seeing all the response's to my orginal post I thought it was necessary to let you all know I did hear back from Carrier, and I have to say I was very impressed on how fast they did respond back !!! Here's the e-mail I recieved from Carrier.

    Dear Daniel XXXXXX:

    Thank you for contacting Carrier and for your interest in our products.

    I am sorry the dealers were not able to assist with your questions. Please provide the name and phone number of said dealers and we will have someone contact them to help with your questions.

    Regards,

    Lynn XXXXXX
    Customer Relations

    I did let her know of the 2 contractors and provide the info she asked. I did today have another Carrier contractor give me a estimate on the Infinity Series furnace and was very impressed with his professionalism, knowledge, and his willingness to answer my questons. I was also informed by him about the newest Infinity Series furnace the MVC model and was really impressed with what this furnace does, he also made it known that he will not install this furnace without also installing the Infinity control for the Infinity MVC because he states that this control does everything and without it the furnace basically will not function the way it should without it and I was in total agreement based on what he told me about this new furnace. I also let Mrs. Lynn XXXXXXX know that I will more than likely have other contractor sell and install this Infinity MVC and control to me in the next couple of week's although it is more than I wanted to spend on a furnace but again based on the information I have read and what was provided to me today I feel it will more than pay for itself sooner than later. I also let her know that I feel comfortable in that I will get prompt and reliable service from the contracotr that was here today based on how he presented himself and how he represented the Carrier brand. And so I also must reply to the question asked of why am I not replacing my current Tempstar with another, is because my current furnace is not as efficient as the new Infinity MVC is since it cost me more to run that than it is going to cost me to run the new Infinity for 2 months, I got lucky with this Tempstar that it lasted me 20yrs, but I am not one to let my investments fall apart and not do the proper maitience required on my home and all it the mechanical aspects of a home. If you happen to know anyone who is looking for a 20 year old reliable Tempstar let me know, LOL !!!!! When I get my new furnace installed I will again report back on what I think of the Infinity MVC frunace. I appriciate all your thoughts and help I have recieved from this site.

    Sincerely,
    Dan W.
    Last edited by jrbenny; 02-22-2008 at 10:03 PM.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,826
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    When I get my new furnace installed I will again report back on what I think of the Infinity MVC frunace. I appriciate all your thoughts and help I have recieved from this site.

    Sincerely,
    Dan W.
    Thanks Dan, and the report back is the most important aspect to all of this because then you will be experiencing the "live" version and hopefully it's lived up to "your" expectations.
    Good Luck Brother
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Gold Coast of Connecticut
    Posts
    4,569
    I am 99% sure the Carrier units are almost the same thing. Same mfg. They do not offer infinity or the new modulating furnace. 1% less efficient.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Emerald Coast, FL 30.1N 85.8W
    Posts
    681

    Just because they're Carriers Contractors doesn't mean they're good

    Au Contraire,

    I witnessed a Carrier Contractor that installed 2 ton Carrier HPs(10 seer) matched with Bryant AHUs on a 25 story high rise (2.5 ton units on the ends of the condo).

    Funny thing is the donk never installed filter driers on the units because he wanted to keep the costs down -- what a jackazz.

    I'm sure I'll carve him up down the road.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,826
    Quote Originally Posted by emcoasthvacr View Post

    Funny thing is the donk never installed filter driers on the units because he wanted to keep the costs down -- what a jackazz.

    Maybe the BI-FLOW DRIER is installed inside of the unit.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Grove, Wi-Sheboygan
    Posts
    1,582

    Another update

    Well I just finished up with another Carrier contractor who was nice enough to stop by to give me another estimate and unfortunately he was here a mere 10 minutes gave my system a quick once over, handed me some brochures one on the low end carrier unit, and the Infinity MVB series and again he did not bother to let me know about the new MVC series Infinity model. So my quest for a rebutable Carrier service contractor seems to be a never ending battle except for the guy who was at my home yesterday who spent as much time with me and gave me all the information I needed to know and answered all my questions I needed to ask and never once looked at his watch !!!(Not sure he even was wearing one) is the front runner regardless if his price is higher or lower than the other 3 I have had in my home to give me a estimate. I am not bashing Carrier Contractors as I know these guys would do the samething if they were a bryant, York, or other brand name contracotr as they are what they are !!! I understand the general public can be alittle on the harsh side of things, but bussiness is bissiness and if you want to stay in it wouldn't you think most all contractors would do whatever it takes to get your bussiness???? I am simply amazed at how these contracotrs come into your home and feel that even though they have been in the bussiness for 20 or 30 yrs that they can come in look the furnace unit over, drop a couple of pamphlets on your kitchen table and tell you the estimate will be in the mail !!! I was in the restaurant bussiness for over 10 yrs, and I gave all my customers great service, my price's were fair the food was better than most in the area, and I have alot of customers that would come back on a regular basis at least once a week if not more because of how they were treated and the service they recieved. I bet I could have increased my prices by a few cents on every item knowing they may complain for a minute but would still continue to eat at my place because of the customer service. I think these couple of contractors I had in the last few days who gave me a estimate didn't care about the most important aspect of running a bussiness and that is customer service which starts from the very begining, the first time you meet that potiental customer and doesn't stop until they no longer use your product(s), but somehow I am thinking I got it all worng and they have it right???? Am I worng on this ??

    Dan
    Cedar Grove, Wi

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    You are correct.

    Some likely get discouraged because they have spent the time and provided the customer service ,only to lose the job to the low bidder,when they know they have the better company ,installers and techs.Not a legitament excuse,but some feel this way,hope I never do.

    Others started in new construction for builders ,where price and speed is King,and never learned that most homeowners are different.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The depths of hell in PHX AZ
    Posts
    1,140
    The simple fact is that being a dealer of a name brand isn't what it used to be for most contractors. The suppliers that sell to these contractors are the ones that allow it to get out of control with unrepeatable contractors. The emphasis is too much on quantity sold anymore.

    I remember years back working for a guy that worked out of his garage and sold carrier. He would make the crazy season beginning purchase of a certain amount of units and sell units that weren't the proper size just to get rid of them since that was what he had laying around. It wasn't a good thing in my book.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy-lvhm View Post
    The simple fact is that being a dealer of a name brand isn't what it used to be for most contractors. The suppliers that sell to these contractors are the ones that allow it to get out of control with unrepeatable contractors. The emphasis is too much on quantity sold anymore.

    I remember years back working for a guy that worked out of his garage and sold carrier. He would make the crazy season beginning purchase of a certain amount of units and sell units that weren't the proper size just to get rid of them since that was what he had laying around. It wasn't a good thing in my book.
    Yeah,the good old days!

    Can't say that I've seen it as bad as "sizing by inventory" method ,but yes they all fell the pressure to sell more.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Zelienople, Pa
    Posts
    2,965
    Sounds like the consumers search for a contractor were over when he met #3, but some reason wants to keep shopping?
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Grove, Wi-Sheboygan
    Posts
    1,582

    The final install Carrier MVC

    Well as I promised I would report back after having the new furnace installed after a couple of weeks. And I have to say this furnace Infinity MVC is the Cat's meow !!! Not only is it half the size of my old furnace, but it is soo quiet I had to give this furnace a hug just to hear it running, and during the first week I went to the basement several times a day just to check and make sure it was running and all was well with the furnace. The ease of operation with the Infinity controller is very simple and controls every aspect of this furnace,from the humidifier, to the eac, to humidity levels, the set back operation is very nice with this controller since other set back type stats I had in the past were very hard to program, and I have to say the Infinity control looked Intimidating but was rather simple to use. The contractor that installed my furnace was very good as well, they were prompt and through and didn't make too much of a mess during the install. I also have to mention that after they went to turn the power on my eac unit wasn't working properly due to the eac having sometype of sailswitch in the unit which whenthe furnace was running on low speed there was not enough airflow for the eac to work, but the installers did not leave until the eac was in working order which was about 2hrs after the install was complete, even though they stayed and made sure it was running wasn't like I was going to let them leave without having it running, LOL !!! so I thought I would post a few pic's of the install after everything was up and running.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    Well as I promised I would report back after having the new furnace installed after a couple of weeks. And I have to say this furnace Infinity MVC is the Cat's meow !!! Not only is it half the size of my old furnace, but it is soo quiet I had to give this furnace a hug just to hear it running, and during the first week I went to the basement several times a day just to check and make sure it was running and all was well with the furnace. The ease of operation with the Infinity controller is very simple and controls every aspect of this furnace,from the humidifier, to the eac, to humidity levels, the set back operation is very nice with this controller since other set back type stats I had in the past were very hard to program, and I have to say the Infinity control looked Intimidating but was rather simple to use. The contractor that installed my furnace was very good as well, they were prompt and through and didn't make too much of a mess during the install. I also have to mention that after they went to turn the power on my eac unit wasn't working properly due to the eac having sometype of sailswitch in the unit which whenthe furnace was running on low speed there was not enough airflow for the eac to work, but the installers did not leave until the eac was in working order which was about 2hrs after the install was complete, even though they stayed and made sure it was running wasn't like I was going to let them leave without having it running, LOL !!! so I thought I would post a few pic's of the install after everything was up and running.
    Thanks for updating.

    I can't get to the pics,but that may be on this end.

    During the controller's developement,I sat in on one metting,where the had us program it ,with no instructions,so yes it's user friendly!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event